Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog acting a bit odd?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

He's quite happy to go on walks and run around with me but if you rub him/scratch him etc. he doesnt give any reaction,just stands there and then runs off somewhere with the other dogs(i have 3).

My other dogs don't respond like this,they love the attention:p

What's up with him?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Is he a new dog or have you had him a while? Maybe, if he's new, he's not used to human affection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I'ev had him for about 2 years now,and he hasnt done this before,but hes not sick or anything as far as i know like hes eating right and running around so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

storm2811 wrote: »
    I'ev had him for about 2 years now,and he hasnt done this before,but hes not sick or anything as far as i know like hes eating right and running around so..

He wants to leave you for another human but he doesn't know how to tell you so he's giving you the cold shoulder, you'll get the "its not you, it's me" chat next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

storm2811 wrote: »
    He's quite happy to go on walks and run around with me but if you rub him/scratch him etc. he doesnt give any reaction,just stands there and then runs off somewhere with the other dogs(i have 3).

My other dogs don't respond like this,they love the attention:p

What's up with him?:confused:

You pretty much described the way one of my dogs behaves about 50% of the time.
    He loves me when we're going walking, or playing or I'm about to feed him, and sometimes he'll come to me for some hugs, otherwise its like I'm just in the way of him and the other dog(or even the cats, he's not fussy) playing their games.
    The other dog isn't like that at all, she nearly pee's herself with excitment if you so much as look at her:D
    The lady at the kennels I leave him in says he suffers from O.D.D (odd):o He seems perfectly happy and well, loves to be near us but just isn't fussed about rubs.
    If this has just started with your dog, maybe its just the springtime playfulness, all the nice weather, interesting smells etc.
    So long as he doesn't seem ill I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Andrew33 wrote: »
    He wants to leave you for another human but he doesn't know how to tell you so he's giving you the cold shoulder, you'll get the "its not you, it's me" chat next week.

thats brilliant....i laughed out loud at that one :D

maybe this thread should be in Relationship Issues.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

You said in one of your post that he didn't do that before so it's kind of a new thing.

By any chance was he left in someone elses care or anything happen to him of late where by he would have been hit or abused? The fact he stands all stiff makes it sound like he's in the scared yet aleart ready to run mode incase he gets a clatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

You said in one of your post that he didn't do that before so it's kind of a new thing.

By any chance was he left in someone elses care or anything happen to him of late where by he would have been hit or abused? The fact he stands all stiff makes it sound like he's in the scared yet aleart ready to run mode incase he gets a clatter.

No he's been here the whole time,unless it was some of the neighbours..:eek:
    but he did get run over recently(was ok after though,running around like mad the next day as usual) so that could be it?
    mymo wrote:
    He loves me when we're going walking, or playing or I'm about to feed him, and sometimes he'll come to me for some hugs, otherwise its like I'm just in the way of him and the other dog(or even the cats, he's not fussy) playing their games.
    The other dog isn't like that at all, she nearly pee's herself with excitment if you so much as look at herbiggrin.gif
    Yep thats exactly the same as my dog,thinks he has more fun chasing away birds and that with the other dogs:pac:
    Andrew33 wrote:

Noooooo!:eek::pac:

Advertisement