Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Renault Clio RCA Cables? (for i pod)

• 22-04-2010 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Evening all, hoping somone in the know might be able to point me in the right direction.

The brochure for the new clio shows a lovely USB port for connecting your ipod, unfortunatly when i picked it up today it turns out (on my model anyway) it just has access for 'RCA' input leads.

It has space for a red and white cable but the cables i see online have three cables. Can anyone reccommend any particular cable that is suitable for using in your car?

Thanks in advance
    Pablo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The ones your looking at have a yellow aswell, for video. You can just not use the yellow.

Otherwise you could pick up a phono to minijack lead in most electronic shops that will just have the red and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

The brochure for the new clio shows a lovely USB port for connecting your ipod, unfortunatly when i picked it up today it turns out (on my model anyway) it just has access for 'RCA' input leads.

The IPOD interface is optional. No one to blame but yourself.

It is a very common and inexpensive cable. Head to any electronics store and they'll know exactly what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You''ll pick the RCA cable up handy enough, I only got one in Peats the other week for less than a tenner I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Evening all, hoping somone in the know might be able to point me in the right direction.

It has space for a red and white cable but the cables i see online have three cables. Can anyone reccommend any particular cable that is suitable for using in your car?

Thanks in advance
    Pablo

i have the same problem and Renault v slow to come back to me. I bought the RCA cable in maplins last week for €19.99 - it works but delivers no power and no display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

RCA cables only carry sound, you won't get power or any other kind of data through one into your head unit, it's basically the same as a headphone cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Btr wrote: »
    I bought the RCA cable in maplins last week for €19.99

:eek:
    Wouldn't be paying more than a fiver for one TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Tesco have a Value-brand RCA cable for about €3 iirc. Should be in the same section as HDMI cables and clock radios.

I knew a guy with a newly bought Mitsubishi who was quoted $120AUD for an RCA cable by the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Btr wrote: »
    i have the same problem and Renault v slow to come back to me. I bought the RCA cable in maplins last week for €19.99 - it works but delivers no power and no display

Your Renault didn't come fitted with the optional IPOD interface only the basic RCA connector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

buy an ipod video/usb cable , it has audio, video and usb plugs, then buy a usb to cigarette lighter adaptor, all in all should set you back around 20 euro and youll be able to play and charge your ipod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

buy an ipod video/usb cable , it has audio, video and usb plugs, then buy a usb to cigarette lighter adaptor, all in all should set you back around 20 euro and youll be able to play and charge your ipod

Power city have an ipod set that has the standard USB cable, a plug for charging at home and one or the car. Think the set is about €13. That plus an RCA cable should run you no more than €15-17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-2-X-RCA-Phono-Cable-Lead-3M-/200473459142?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item2ead2639c6

i have loads of these cables.. you can pick them up for less then 5 or 6 euro..
    they also play your ipod via the av on your tv etc..

they are fairly common

Advertisement