Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD to lose the number 10 bus service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think the idea is that you don't get two busses, you get a bus then a tram.

Obvo that makes little sense cause the ticket isn't transferable.

Making an awkward journey even more awkward. And I thought the 84 was bad enough as it was. I emailed them for confirmation on what they're doing with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

kateos2 wrote: »
    Making an awkward journey even more awkward. And I thought the 84 was bad enough as it was. I emailed them for confirmation on what they're doing with it anyway.

Although I completely agree its more awkward coming from town, is there a case to say that it significantly aids anyone from that area who lives on the Luas route?

Like obviously the 84 could have detoured up there, but in the age of transferable tickets and all this malarky, changing busses isn't the hastle it used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

ok, what the fúck, looking at the map, it looks like the 84 is only going as far as cherrywood now. The means people from Greystones, Kilcoole and Newcastle are going to have to get two buses if they want to go any further, that was the only bus from here to the city centre. They are a bunch of gobshítes if that's what they're planning to do.

Okay, that's plain retarded. The 84 is literally the only bus I can take to get me home unless I want to wait for the 84x (which is supposedly going to have an altered timetable). Someone needs to find the people in charge of this and smack them round the head with something heavy. I don't want the hassle of getting on a bus/luas and then having to transfer. Plus, now how the hell am I supposed to get back from college?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Dytalus wrote: »
    Okay, that's plain retarded. The 84 is literally the only bus I can take to get me home unless I want to wait for the 84x (which is supposedly going to have an altered timetable). Someone needs to find the people in charge of this and smack them round the head with something heavy. I don't want the hassle of getting on a bus/luas and then having to transfer. Plus, now how the hell am I supposed to get back from college?
    145 + 84 I'm guessing..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

stop wrote: »
    145 + 84 I'm guessing..

That's a lot more awkward, and expensive if you don't buy the prepaid tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/5998/Stillorgan.pdf
    Awesome, the 46A will now be going all the way to the Pheonix park. No more changing to a number 10 for UCD Ninjutsu people on their way to Aughrim Street, or to a 46A on their way back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

That's a lot more awkward, and expensive if you don't buy the prepaid tickets.
    I doubt anyone with any sense would get an 84 (outer suburban fares) to UCD regularly without using a prepaid ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

so for those people only care about the buses from city center/oconnell street to ucd :P(like me)

46a(the best): remains the same,but it is the only dublin bus you can take now from oconnell street to ucd. 746 is the other option but who waits for a 746 :pac:
    145: we can still take it at the dawson street/tritiny bus stop, same one after your shopping in grafton street.just remember to jump off right the stop before oconnell street when you are heading town tho.

any correction is welcomed!

edit: forget 46e but it is another rare bus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Well we don't actually know the fate of the 46c and 46b busses. We must assume they still exist?

In which case you have a number of options, and depending where you are trying to get to (i.e roebuck) the 46B could still be the best option.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The 145 will extend to Heuston Station and the 10 is being replaced by the 39A which will follow the route of the ten and terminate at the same place on campus. Nothing to worry about.
    /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Except the 39A will not stop on O'Connell St.

So for the lazy ****es like myself, it looks like a 46a all the way to donnybrook and then jump on a 39A :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

misslt wrote: »
    Except the 39A will not stop on O'Connell St.

So for the lazy ****es like myself, it looks like a 46a all the way to donnybrook and then jump on a 39A :D

Eh, no?

The 46A route will 'extend' into the Phoenix Park...see the PDF also - it's all the way to O'Connell Street

these new routes sound pretty good to be honest

No I mean heading to UCD - the 39A will now come into campus instead of the 10. The 39A does not stop on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No I mean heading to UCD - the 39A will now come into campus instead of the 10. The 39A does not stop on O'Connell St.

Does it stop near O'Connell St?

It will come from Stoneybatter onto Baggot St via Bachelors walk.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/5998/Stillorgan.pdf - has all the changes to Stillorgan routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ah right, sorry, I read that backwards!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No more 25x. That's me screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

It will come from Stoneybatter onto Baggot St via Bachelors walk.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/5998/Stillorgan.pdf - has all the changes to Stillorgan routes.

Hold on a minute? What's this about the 46e on that map being a main service route for the DART/ Blackrock/ Smurfit? I mean: look at the current timetable! :D

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/46e/

Are they planning to increase it or something? :rolleyes:

Attacking the 84 route is far more serious than ditching the 10 route. If anything the 84 should be increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Hmm, I guess they didn't get rid of it due to students....although my point still stands!

I bet they were happy to be able to say bye bye. I like this new system, it'll work better.

Advertisement