Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benro tripod stolen

• 22-04-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I had my tripod stolen from my car tonight so if anyone comes across a benro carbon fibre tripod and manfrotto ball head for sale. i would appreciate a heads up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

How? You left the door/boot unlocked or something?

Little feckers who stole it probably don't even know how to use a camera! but it happens. Odds are you'll never see it again, sorry. But good idea to ask people to watch for it for sale. I myself am looking out for a good tripod, so if I happen to see one like you describe will surely post it.

I know the feeling, have had about 10 bikes stolen on me, when locked! 2 right outside the house, one outside Xtra-vision when just dropping back a dvd - I actually seen the little f****r hop onto it and cycle away! he gave me the finger when I shouted at him! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I always keep my tripod in my car's boot cause I never thought it's something that could be robbed.

I'll be changing that in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

The little feckers trashed the lock on the car. Right under the cctv in the park, cant make out who they were from the recording as two were wearing addias hoodies and scarves covering their ugly little faces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

without giving the exact location of where it happened, could you give us a general idea just so we know to look out for a couple of scobes messing around with a tripod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

If I spot any clear sharp pictures of scobies in low light on flickr I'll let you know.

Sorry, too soon?

• Advertisement

...probably too soon.

Will keep an eye out though, I've been looking for a tripod myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ lol...

Might keep an eye out on adverts/buy&sells... A benro tripod isn't that commonly seen around these parts just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Was it in Dublin?

Yeah it was in Dublin, Corkagh park on the Naas rd.

Do the usual rounds of the local Cash Converters, there's some carboot sale around there on a Sunday too, yeah? I'd give that a go.

There's a market on a Saturday morning just off Parnell St that's notorious for handeling stolen goods too... I know a few people that've 'reclaimed' their bits there.

• Advertisement

Carboots were something I thought about as well, but are knackers that organised? Things on gumtree seem to be thrown together and too good to be true as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Before you go attacking someone that might be selling a similar tripod, make sure you have the receipt. Is there any markings on it that would connect it to you? No doubt they'll scratch them off anyhow. It might be very hard prove it's yours even if it is. And whoever stole it won't just hand it back without a fight, just be careful i'd say. The type of scum who would break into a car and take your stuff are the kind who won't think twice about clocking you about the head with a weapon! Even your own tripod!

Scamp- wrote: »
    Carboots were something I thought about as well, but are knackers that organised?

No, but they'll probably sell it on to someone who'll sell it on. Especially if they're junkies.

I know the chances of seeing it again are slim, but if it does pop up somewhere then that can be dealt with.
    Its a rare item in Ireland especially this model (c358). When I registered it the manufacturers wrote back asking for a confirmation of address as they had only ever registered one other in all of europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Do the usual rounds of the local Cash Converters, there's some carboot sale around there on a Sunday too, yeah? I'd give that a go.

There's a market on a Saturday morning just off Parnell St that's notorious for handeling stolen goods too... I know a few people that've 'reclaimed' their bits there.

Is this the Knackers one on Cumberland street? It's been there for many many years, starts at 6am or something.

I don't know how to spell intinerants, sorry.

Advertisement