Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are some highclass places in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

19 year old Canadian guy here... what are some nice Pubs, restaurants, nightclubs..

by high class i mean something that offers great service and basically 5 star venue... i don't mind the cost nor do my friends mind but we had some bad experiences in local places relating to homeless people and people mugging us and stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Most high class places won't let teenagers in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kmpfan

Bambi wrote: »
    Most high class places won't let teenagers in

I sense a hint of sarcasm. :o

Then I suppose we should take better care of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Seriously, most of the snootier pubs n clubs are going to be over 21's, especially if you're male.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yeah as a 19 yr old you wont be getting into any of the more exclusive clubs/pubs in dublin. most 19 yr olds just want to get as drunk as they can for as little money as possible in dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

err...........its dublin .............highclass??????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

He could try the Wesley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

is the OP a wind-up ?

post some links for the types of places you go to in Canada and perhaps then someone could match them to similar venues in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

The Wright Venue is meant to be pretty plush... Krystle nightlclub too ... but I think they're both over 21.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Wright Venue is meant to be pretty plush... Krystle nightlclub too ... but I think they're both over 21.

Except for the Wright venue is out in the middle of nowhere.

I call shenanigans on the whole thread btw..teenagers looking for a 5 star venue regardless of cost?
    Somebody's been watching my Super Sweet 16 a bit too much i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

bloody pissheads don't even notice he said restaurants too :)

Diep Le Shaker is an upmarket thai restaurant which does very good Thai food.

There's a couple of Michelin-starred restaurants around too, if you really don't mind the cost. Patrick Guilbaud's has two michelin stars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

kmpfan wrote: »
    but we had some bad experiences in local places relating to homeless people and people mugging us and stuff.

Don't drink cans in public parks so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

All the high class places have gone into recievership :pac:

I would also recommend the Wright Venue in Swords/Airside. They have a bus that leaves from the city centre, the details are on the website.

It seemed fairly classy when I was there last year. But these things have a tendancy to lower their standards after a while so I don't know what it is like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

there's a place opposite the old children's hospital on harcourt street called coppers that seems very exclusive. there's always queues outside and anytime i walk past i dream of the night that i'll be able to queue with such splendour and grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

there's a place opposite the old children's hospital on harcourt street called coppers that seems very exclusive. there's always queues outside and anytime i walk past i dream of the night that i'll be able to queue with such splendour and grace.

He said 5 star, this would be 7 stars in my opinion, I wonder would he be posh enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    He said 5 star, this would be 7 stars in my opinion, I wonder would he be posh enough?

that's a very good point jumbo. one that should be debated heatedly in the fine establishment that is leggs.

Advertisement