Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telephone readings, anyone know anything?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

hi, was just wondering if anyone has had a good reading on the telephone??
    who with? how does it go? any info pls!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

honestly.....
    i worked on those lines a few yrs ago, they cost a lot of money, better going to see someone in person, least you wont be worrying bout the clock ticking.
    if you do get a telephone reading done, they are obliged to tell you when each few minutes go by, the reader is usully prompted by a beep on their end so they should tell you.
    i was vetted before i worked there, had to do a few test readings so whether or not that happens on all the lines i dont know.
    there are lots of opinions on them and most would say steer clear. i left them because i didnt feel comfortable with a clock ticking during a reading, that and the fact i prefer face to face contact, it more personal.

anyway, hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Yes, i had a telephone reading two or three times. And according to me, its the best method in psychic reading. My telephone reading was good and the answers of my questions are also right.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

I have also worked for companies that do this and some are fantastic and "vet" their psychics (to make sure they at least have a clue) and others do cattle calls at unemployment offices for warm bodies who can answer a phone.

I once saw the "insider only" instructions for a site that I was thinking of applying at that pretty much gave complete instructions on how to fake a reading. Needless to say I did not apply there, but instead chose another one where there was a reading requirement before getting an offer and a month or so of training before being turned loose on the public.

The problem is, you never know which type of company you are going to get; or what the psychic you end up with is really like. Sometimes even the worst companies can have a good person working for them, but especially the pay by the minute people tend to be very expensive as even good people are taught to keep you on the line as long as possible.

If you really need to have your reading done by phone, due to access issues or the fact that you are too far away from your chosen psychic; inquire about a personal phone reading. Most psychics will consider them, as long as way can be found to insure payment (some require payment before and others after a phone reading); even if they are not a regular feature of their practice.

A privately arranged phone reading, that is one-on-one by appointment is only one step away from getting a personal live reading in terms of access (and best use of time). Often it can be even better than just going to a psychic fair because while the readings there are "live," there are often dozens if not hundreds of people in a big room as well as time constraints on the psychics, who have to do enough readings in one day to pay back an often very expensive table fee.

So, I'd say in order of preference the best way to get a reading is:

A live, personally arranged and private meeting in a quiet place

An arranged, personal and focused phone or web reading with your chosen psychic reader

An individual live reading at a psychic fair or other public venue

A psychic hot-line/web-company that lets you choose the psychic you want and allows you to make appointments (as well as on-demand readings). The best ones will let you pay for blocks of time as an option over just being strung along and charged per minute.

A psychic hot-line that charges per minute and gives you a random psychic from whomever is signed in for readings. I really don't recommend this sort of reading because not only is it totally random, it is the most likely to be staffed by people who have little or no actual experience in doing readings, but rather have been trained by the company to perform them as entertainment. Again, you may get lucky and get a really fantastic psychic; but then again you may get someone newly hired from the dole office.

Melodi in the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

dont do it. waste of money. My sis was going through a bad separation and wasted 100's on those lines, even had her phone cut off. Just go see one in person and get it over with, 50 quid and thats it.

Advertisement