Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine in Ireland.

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am just wondering about studying medicine in Ireland, is their anywhere you can study without 3 languages the languages I will have in my leaving would be HC English HC Polish. I will also have 3 lab science subjects (Ag, Chem, Bio)

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Hello,
    I am just wondering about studying medicine in Ireland, is their anywhere you can study without 3 languages the languages I will have in my leaving would be HC English HC Polish. I will also have 3 lab science subjects (Ag, Chem, Bio)

Any advice appreciated.

If you are born outside Ireland, you will be exempt from Irish as a second therefore your HL Polish should count as the third language!:D

Which means you could go anywhere in Ireland, Im almost positive but you should call/email these to be sure : www.nui.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That's correct, as far as I know ... see here, and go have a chat with your school guidance counsellor.

In any case, Trinity don't have a requirement for Irish even for Irish-born applicants; they simply require you to have a second language (with English).

Advertisement