Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting polls

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I read somewhere that only mods can start threads with polls, but I've noticed in some forums (at least I think I have) that threads have polls & the op isn't a mod.
    Is there another way to do it, just out of curiosity?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Anyone can post a poll in most forums. There are a few where you can't. I don't have a definitive list of these but I know that Politics is one. In most forums you can regardless of whether you're a moderator or not.

When you click the "new thread" button to start a thread, down the page you'll notice a little tick box next to "Yes, post a poll with this thread". Make sure that's ticked, click the number of options you want in your poll, type the message in the regular box and you can enter the poll details on the next screen

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

sceptre wrote: »
    Anyone can post a poll in most forums. There are a few where you can't. I don't have a definitive list of these but I know that Politics is one.

Polls aren't permitted in PI/RI either.

Advertisement