Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So much rubbish......

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

everywhere!!!!:mad:

In my locality, Duncormick/Carraig, the roads are filthy. Although there has been a good effort by some locals to get the litter cleaned up. Me and the missus helped out and we filled two large wheelie bins over a distance of about 400m. At one spot, some dickhead had dumped 3 bags full of bottles, cans, plastic; all recyclable stuff. Further along we got a TV, car battery, tracksuit and plenty more bottles and cans.
    But no sooner had we removed the rubbish, it started reappearing.
    There's no excuse for litter and it just makes us and our country look bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

Attached photos I took while out walking in my village... it's such a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Aye... I have to go out and clean up the road around our place the odd time too.

I've seen other people around the county doing clean ups along country roads over the past couple of weeks.

It's one thing cleaning up other people's litter... but it's another thing then having to pay to dispose of the bags you've filled.

Recently we had an armchair left on the side on the road... comical to look at but I mean the audacity of some people is hard to believe.

Was down the Prom in Enniscorthy last week... couldn't believe the amount of litter where the boy racers gather outside the fireplace shop. Gardai seem to be too busy hiding in ditches for other reasons to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

The lowest of low-lives!!! The problem is rife all over the county. I had experience in one particular area. I even went through the contents of some bags that were dumped. Full of foreign sourced beer cans and other foreign wrappers etc. I'm sure plenty of Irish are at it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

jpb1974 wrote: »
    ..... but it's another thing then having to pay to dispose of the bags you've filled....

In Carraig village the Council provided a trailer for people to dispose of the rubbish they collected from the roads. The only problem was that it was a corn trailer with sides about 10 foot high.....not clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Ozzie wrote: »
    The lowest of low-lives!!! The problem is rife all over the county. I had experience in one particular area. I even went through the contents of some bags that were dumped. Full of foreign sourced beer cans and other foreign wrappers etc. I'm sure plenty of Irish are at it too!

I'm sure there are, considering they were despoiling the streets and countryside long before there were immigrants to blame for it. Enniscorthy (indeed much of County Wexford) was a filthy hole in the 1970s and 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

It always seemed to me as a Child that the Duncormick end of the Parish was generally filthier than the Bannow side, there just always seemed to be more rubbish on the roads and in the ditches, thats not to say there wasnt any on our side, just more, much more, and stranger objects too like tellys and Sofa's.

I'll bet its the Fvkkers from Rathangan using Duncormick for flytipping :eek: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

It always seemed to me as a Child that the Duncormick end of the Parish was generally filthier than the Bannow side, there just always seemed to be more rubbish on the roads and in the ditches, thats not to say there wasnt any on our side, just more, much more, and stranger objects too like tellys and Sofa's.

I'll bet its the Fvkkers from Rathangan using Duncormick for flytipping :eek: :D:D

don't you know that Duncormick is in Rathangan parish.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well Duh :rolleyes: no self respectin Bannowman would do that ;):D:D:D

Advertisement