Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radioshack suspend rider for doping positive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

oh dear, poor Lance... must be a plant to drag his good name down

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Lance's twitter aint yet spoken on the matter

Must be trying to come up with something. Will be hard to prolong the Radioshack positive vibes on this one me thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Li Fuyu, that's brilliant.

"Hello Lance, I Li Fuyu".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

"Lance you know it's true
    Man, there's nothing I won't do
    Would I Li Fuyu
    ..."

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

chinese athelete in doping shocker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Wait a sec though...this could be Bruyneel's first postive. This is big news. No rider has ever tested postive been sanctioned under his mangement.

Anyways, its nothing a post-dated TUE couldn't solve.

Wait a sec though...this could be Bruyneel's first postive. This is big news. No rider has ever tested postive been sanctioned under his mangement.

Anyways, its nothing a post-dated TUE couldn't solve.

dont u mean a pre dated tue??

dont u mean a pre dated tue??
    Back-dated TUE.:D

This is going to sully Bruyneel's clean rep. Its a sad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

hardly the new wounder drug .

nature of the irish .knock the shxt out of something .

Quit knocking our knocking !! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Back-dated TUE.:D

This is going to sully Bruyneel's clean rep. Its a sad day.

Retro active TUE is the phrase you're looking for ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Tenner says this will turn into one of those "I took too much of my asthma inhaler" cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

jwshooter wrote: »

http://www.google.ie/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=radioshack+positive+test&meta=lr%3D&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

not the only people talking about it, must have not been using the 'bruyneel' method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Can you even get a TUE for clenbtuterol, seeing as it's listed as an anabolic agent and not a beta-2 agonist?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

el tonto wrote: »
    Tenner says this will turn into one of those "I took too much of my asthma inhaler" cases.

And "I'm actually a dog "

(it's an animal/vet medication not used in humans in the vast majority of countries)

concussion wrote: »
    Can you even get a TUE for sabutamol, seeing as it's listed as an anabolic agent and not a beta-2 agonist?

Salbutamol is permitted these days, he actually tested positive (A test only so far) for Clenbuterol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

RobFowl wrote: »
    Salbutamol is permitted these days, he actually tested positive (A test only so far) for Clenbuterol

Dammit. I meant to say clenbuterol. Grr. Will edit above.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

And "I'm actually a dog "

(it's an animal/vet medication not used in humans in the vast majority of countries)

Isn't it used for products in China?

He could always use the Frank Vandenbrouke excuse. "It was for my dog".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Radioshack could try to use one of the many technical (and implausible) defences used in the past, but I reckon that seeing as no one had ever heard of this guy before now, they'll take the better PR route and hang him out to dry.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Isn't it used for products in China?

It is but China=Wild west as far as medications concerned. In the Beijing Olympics athletes were warned only to go to the on site pharmacy in the Olympic village such was the level of concern. Even then there was a "proper" pharamcy and a "tradition chinese" one (where athletes were told in no uncertain terms to avoid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"The medication was for my dog, but he didn't pull through so I ate him".

I have eaten dog in China, twice. It wasn't great either time. I prefer squirrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Lumen wrote: »
    "The medication was for my dog, but he didn't pull through so I ate him".

I have eaten dog in China, twice. It wasn't great either time. I prefer squirrel

I ate Kangaroo in Lucan before.

Not great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Vélo wrote: »
    I ate Kangaroo in Lucan before.

Not great either.

Kanga is lovely served rare, but haven't had it here to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Can't see the story here, apparently because he is on Lance's team it means we can take some leap to say that this implicates Lance or Bruynell.

Wasn't there a guy on the BMC team suspended yesterday as well, so therefore Cadel must be guilty too.

My lycra shorts are streched less than this link!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Leroy42 wrote: »
    My lycra shorts are streched less than this link!!!!!

A strategically placed sock can help with the shorts stretching thing :D

I've just read Paul Kimmage's book and I have to admit it's made me even more cynical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

jwshooter wrote: »

It might be the Irish nature to make black comedy about something, some of us truly care about.
    Armstrong and bruneel insist there is no problem with doping in cycling? Where as I would find it hard to applaud the giro del trentino? Or Armstrong and Bruneel.
    1 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana
    2 Riccardo Riccò (Ita) Flaminia Ceramica
    3 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox
    4 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
    5 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/giro-del-trentino-2-1/stage-4/results

BryanL wrote: »
    It might be the Irish nature to make black comedy about something, some of us truly care about.
    Armstrong and bruneel insist there is no problem with doping in cycling? Where as I would find it hard to applaud the giro del trentino? Or Armstrong and Bruneel.
    1 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana
    2 Riccardo Riccò (Ita) Flaminia Ceramica
    3 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox
    4 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
    5 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/giro-del-trentino-2-1/stage-4/results

FYP

Scarponi got done for Puerto as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

FYP

Scarponi got done for Puerto as well

It just gets better:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

BryanL wrote: »
    It just gets better:rolleyes:

I've been thinking a lot about doping today. It would seem as if the Italians are the most prolific dopers in cycling on the basis of how many get caught. However, who are the best dopers? Going back quiet a while it would be either
    (1) Spaniads, in that some of their highest profile dopers wre actually among the best cyclists in the world and took several major victories
    or
    (2) US - fewer cyclists, but most of the guys who were caught for doping were pretty high profile.

So the Italians probably get the least bang for buck from doping.

ROK ON wrote: »
    I've been thinking a lot about doping today. It would seem as if the Italians are the most prolific dopers in cycling on the basis of how many get caught. However, who are the best dopers? Going back quiet a while it would be either
    (1) Spaniads, in that some of their highest profile dopers wre actually among the best cyclists in the world and took several major victories
    or
    (2) US - fewer cyclists, but most of the guys who were caught for doping were pretty high profile.

So the Italians probably get the least bang for buck from doping.
    At least at the moment the Italians are doing something to clean it up. Spain is doing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

ROK ON wrote: »
    I've been thinking a lot about doping today........

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

At least at the moment the Italians are doing something to clean it up. Spain is doing nothing.
    +1 on that. It will be interesting to see if Valverde makes it to the TDF start this year. The French were spared that dilemma last year not sure if they will put up with it this time around.

Advertisement