Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bib shorts < e50?

• 22-04-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

My latest must have accessory that will make me an awesome cyclist are bib shorts. I'll be on the list for the boards cycling gear, but need some bib shorts pdq for W200 as I reckon the newton metres pulling up my non-bib shorts is going to be a big factor in getting this done.

Chainreaction are selling adidas stuff, which has great reviews, very cheap, but only have xsmall left. Now I'm 5'7", typical BMI for a 40+ plus male.

Go for the xsmall and scare people, or are there alternative cheap bib shorts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ah, I was just going to link to these, you've probably seen them already.

I have them in small, bought a second pair after I realised they were one of my favourite pairs of shorts. A friend of mine, lets call him Hugh Jass, also really likes them and as the pseudonym implies, he and I are of different builds.

I think xsmall would be a bit of a stretch (ho ho), probably not in height terms (I find correct strap length crucial to all day comfort) but more so for waist. I think my waist is around 30/31" and the small fits fine.

EDIT: I think it's important to have a pair of "200k shorts". While I'm sure that the adidas would be fine for that (not sure what my longest trip is in them, I mostly wear them training) I believe a pair of something like Assos or other high quality shorts are essential for 8 hours+ in the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

[QUOTE/]I believe a pair of something like Assos or other high quality shorts are essential for 8 hours+ in the saddle.[/QUOTE]

Without wanting to be contrarian, all I'm looking for is some shorts that keep the padding under my bum when I start to shuffle my arse about.
    It can't be that complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

souter,

dont skimp on the gravy when it comes to your bollocks!! get good decent shorts, or in some cases, even 2 pairs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I have a pair of Endura shorts that I haven't worn yet but if they're anything like the tights I'll be well happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

souter wrote: »
    Without wanting to be contrarian, all I'm looking for is some shorts that keep the padding under my bum when I start to shuffle my arse about.
    It can't be that complicated.

Well, if that's your view on the whole thing then I guess it is simply a matter of finding the right size and the cheapest possible pair of shorts.

PBK have some shorts ~ 35 euro with a complete sizing guide.

DHB Earnley shorts are quite good, I've used Finchdeans only but sure they are all the same, right? Of course you could always go with the non-bibbed variety (shudder) for the absolute rock bottom price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Thanks Dirk. btw, hope I didn't sound too snotty earlier - must install that fabled alcohol / posting limiter.
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Well, if that's your view on the whole thing then I guess it is simply a matter of finding the right size and the cheapest possible pair of shorts.

PBK have some shorts ~ 35 euro with a complete sizing guide.

DHB Earnley shorts are quite good, I've used Finchdeans only but sure they are all the same, right? Of course you could always go with the non-bibbed variety (shudder) for the absolute rock bottom price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

souter,

dont skimp on the gravy when it comes to your bollocks!! get good decent shorts, or in some cases, even 2 pairs!!!

A few years ago I picked up a pair in lidl/aldi bib shorts but hadn't worn then until yesterday - got home after commuting in and out of work and threw them in the bin, my undercarriage is still sore today and at every set of lights I had to be very un-euro and rearrange myself. don't skimp on shorts

Advertisement