Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to put a beginner mixed tag rugby team together

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi all
    looking to put a mixed tag rugby team together for beginners in the south county dublin area have been on the various sites but it would appear you need a whole team before you can get involved :mad:
    we are a couple in our early 40s fairly active so if any one else is interested get in touch
    regards

Comments

I'm really interested in getting involved in Tag rugby but have never played, and while I love to watch rugby I wouldn't know all the rules.

28yo female by the way.
    Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

been looking into playing some tag rugby myself this summer also...not much enthusiasm off mates so could be interested! A little bit of experience from college and kinda know the rules! AS far as I know there's a tournament in Stradbrook for the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

+1 never player before mind - based in Dl area so anywhere round the DART line would suit - female mid-(ish :o) twenties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dromarka

Hi all
    good response looks like there are a few of us novices out there:)

whoopsadaisydoodles we are based in Dalkey but have transport so can make it anywhere i think there is a league in rathfarnham

chrushproof given your stated vastly superior knowledge you would be a def candidate for captain:)
    maria,my partner,even has more knowledge of the rules than i do

and electichoney we are near the dart so transport would be no prob so what to do now it looks like we have 5 potential candidates any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IrionDevral

Hi,

Always wanted to try tag myself. Can't say I'd be any good as haven't played since school but i'd love to get involved!

(28 yr old guy from Blackrock.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Hi, I'd also be interested! 26 y/old male living in Kimmage. Work in Baggot St. Complete beginner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Tag Rugby eh!

29yr old male here in Ballybrack, stepping up to the line.

I have played tag rugby a total of 2 times in 29 years. Sure, if I dont do it now, Il never do it.

I live in Shankill, work in Blackrock, so anywhere in that general vicinity would suit me and I can drive to wherever suits others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

When ye organise, if ye are short on numbers i might be able to make it up occasionaly. 26 year old male, very slow and unfit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Sounds like it could be a larf..

26yo in Monkstown. haven't played since school..

• Advertisement

dromarka wrote: »
    Hi all
    good response looks like there are a few of us novices out there:)

whoopsadaisydoodles we are based in Dalkey but have transport so can make it anywhere i think there is a league in rathfarnham

chrushproof given your stated vastly superior knowledge you would be a def candidate for captain:)
    maria,my partner,even has more knowledge of the rules than i do

and electichoney we are near the dart so transport would be no prob so what to do now it looks like we have 5 potential candidates any suggestions

Captain eh?? Hmmm, I'm sure I can manage that! Haha!
    I'd say best bet would be for a league somewhere along the dart line...just throwing the suggestion out there!

crushproof wrote: »
    Captain eh?? Hmmm, I'm sure I can manage that! Haha!
    I'd say best bet would be for a league somewhere along the dart line...just throwing the suggestion out there!

Somewhere along the dart line sounds good. Thinks most of the leagues are starting soon enough though so we'd want to get a move on!

right so time to get a move on
    blackrock looks the most likely venue on a wed night
    i have a feeling we might be in the grade d social mixed range (i could bring the international team down to that grade on my own :D) its 550 per team and we need a minimum of 12 at the moment 2 confirmed (1 girl and myself) so i would propose we get together at a suitable spot see can we pull it together and get registered would suggest maybe "tonic"bar in blackrock to meet up maybe on thursday time to be arranged. and the season starts on the 12th of may so we would need to get our skates on let me know what you think you can text me on <snip> if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I think there are a few locations here that might suit? Blackrock RFC and Old Belvedere:
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/tag

or there seems to be room at belfield ucd for starting on monday 24th may
    or tuesdays starting 25th may

hi electic
    yeah we are pretty flexible so what ever suits best

Hi, I'm still up for this!

right so time to get a move on
    blackrock looks the most likely venue on a wed night
    i have a feeling we might be in the grade d social mixed range (i could bring the international team down to that grade on my own :D) its 550 per team and we need a minimum of 12 at the moment 2 confirmed (1 girl and myself) so i would propose we get together at a suitable spot see can we pull it together and get registered would suggest maybe "tonic"bar in blackrock to meet up maybe on thursday time to be arranged. and the season starts on the 12th of may so we would need to get our skates on let me know what you think you can text me on <snip> if you like

I'm easy, whatever everyone else organises I can make an appearance. Defo have to get it organised quickly though!
    Although, just as a warning :rolleyes: I got an offer today to join another team so you could be losing out on my majestic skills!! ha!

and quality players like you we really cannot afford to lose :eek: so come on guys lets get it sorted we meet up see if it flies and if not we have a few drinks and a bit of craic whaddya say

Hey, so far we have 10 people interested. Do we need more though? If we are to meet up before the weekend, I'd like to know soon enough as I'm away from Dublin for the weekend. Cheers :)

• Advertisement

Not sure if i'll be able to meet before the weekend but deffo still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'd be interested - don't live in Dublin at the minute, but am usually up there at least once a week. Wouldn't be able to make it before this weekend, though. 28 y.o. female by the way.

yeah butters
    so i think we have enough to pull a team together so we can leave it till tuesday to meet as we are all prob in bank holiday mode but im flexi so what ever and whereever suits and lets get "boards tag" up and limping off the pitch ( only a proposed name) just all let me know
    regards

Hi Convert
    i think the team rules are fairly flexible so you could turn up and get a run out with no prob

Ya that's cool so, we can organise something then for Tuesday :)

Tuesday is cool for me too.

Hi Convert
    i think the team rules are fairly flexible so you could turn up and get a run out with no prob

I'd probably be able to make it each week, I'm not that far from Dublin, but nice to know that the rules are flexible enough!

Next Tuesday would suit me, though I don't finish work until around 6pm so wouldn't be able to be in Blackrock till 6.30 (at the latest).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Just wanna say that's it great that yous seem to be getting a team together. Keep the thread updated with how yiz get on at matches etc.

Tuesday is fine by me....take it just a meet up at first?!
    Unless someone is bringing along a rugby ball, that's if any of us even have a rugby ball!! :D

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    Tuesday is fine by me....take it just a meet up at first?!
    Unless someone is bringing along a rugby ball, that's if any of us even have a rugby ball!! :D

I have a rugby ball! :D Though I think the dogs have been playing with it more than I have so it may be a little punctured at this stage!! :p

Advertisement