Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying black borders

Options
  • 22-04-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I have dell studio with ATI Mobility HD 4570.

I recently installed modded 10.3 SKD drivers on my machine (No CCC) along with the SKD Tray tool as had heard great things regarding performance boost.

Everything working fine with the games (FPS up by 10-20) but if I pick a resolution below 1366x768 (max res) I get these black borders around the whole laptop screen - top and bottom. I'm used to this if its a widescreen game (on 4:3) but even on widescreen resolutions i'm getting full black borders.

Tested on my laptop and reducing the res is reducing the viewing screen (i.e. 1280x768 - side narrow in on desktop!)
    I can only presume its a graphics issue but any ideas or fixes as i really like the peformance boost in GTAIV and BC2.
    Cheers for any suggestions.

Advertisement