Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salvage, Hrta milsim game, Monday the 3rd of May.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Another mildly unusual rule I was reminded of at Predator yesterday:
    • Gun hits don't injure you, but they knacker your gun. It's a good reason to carry a side-arm (check magazine limits for those in the rules). Your gun will respawn along with you if you get killed. If you don't get killed, you can't swap ammo between your primary and secondary gun mags, UNLESS their real-life versions take the same ammo, like a P90 and a Five-seveN, in which case you're one mad bastard. Better clear that with marshals before the game.
    Regarding magazine capacities, for most guns you're talking 30 rounds, which with the fact that AEGs use about 4 BBs to push previous ones into the hop-up, means you can load 34 per magazine (you know the way some BBs always fall out when you remove a magazine? It's those ones).

A typical speed-loader loads 4 BBs per press, so 34 is 8 presses and a half-press. If you're unsure how many rounds your magazines take in real life, look 'em up on Wikipedia.

Playing with real capacities lets you be ever so smug and superior when people brag about the fact that they only use 90-round mid-caps and that makes them elite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I am thinking about an MP7 and shotty for the day.

MP7 can take 40 round mags - 10*40 ok?
    As a secondary 4*40?

Regarding shotty - 3rd shot, as a primary 10*30rd shells (10 shots per shell) -is this ok?

What about a shotty as a backup, allowed ok ? (4 shells I assume.)

And another thing...

If you'd like to get a more detailed bit of background on your faction of choice ahead of time, sign up for one at:
    http://airsoft-booking.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=681
    and then drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send it along. It's nothing important, no objectives or anything (you'll be briefed on those in-character by your boss), but provides a little more feel for what your faction's all about. Inspiration for costume and trash-talking, maybe.

I am thinking about an MP7 and shotty for the day.

MP7 can take 40 round mags - 10*40 ok?
    As a secondary 4*40?

Regarding shotty - 3rd shot, as a primary 10*30rd shells (10 shots per shell) -is this ok?

What about a shotty as a backup, allowed ok ? (4 shells I assume.)
    This is all correct and your choice as to which you consider primary and secondary, except that the number of shells your shotgun's real-life version takes is the number of shots that should come out of its business end. So, if it takes 7 shells, that's 21 BBs per magazine, plus whatever's required as followers (it might actually be none, I think mine uses the lot).

Obviously you'll be loading one shell at a time instead of seven, but each one is considered a full reload of the gun.

Oh yeah, and I'm assuming you're using the extended 40-round MP7 mags - the short ones only take 20.

Nice choice of kit by the way! Shotguns are right on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

The problem with renting gear is that they don't have appropriate magazines, which are required for this game because of the post-apocalyptic ammo shortage type of thing going on.

Sounds intresting, how limited is ammo going to be, would love to see a game similar to enemy at the gate, that scene where theres a shortage of weapons so only every other soldier gets one and the next solider in line only gets a mag in the event he lasts long enough to get his hands on rifle

• Advertisement

The rules prevent them from announcing this themselves, but South-East Airsoft are going to have The Outpost open for business on the day at HRTA. They'll be stocking such yummies as Thunder B grenades and spare casings, precision BBs, green gas, carbon dioxide cartridges, and non-winding magazines!

They'll also try to have some guns with them, so if you're looking for a side-arm for when someone blows your rifle out of your hands or just for clearing buildings, bring some money. Or don't, because they'll be able to process credit card transactions on-site.

If you're interested in buying a gun there, or want to know if they've got magazines for your obscure baby, drop a PM to Rhinocharge or Madmaxi.

Sounds intresting, how limited is ammo going to be, would love to see a game similar to enemy at the gate, that scene where theres a shortage of weapons so only every other soldier gets one and the next solider in line only gets a mag in the event he lasts long enough to get his hands on rifle
    You might not love it so much when you have to charge a machine-gun unarmed, with another machine-gun behind you for "morale purposes" - or when you get killed and some goon makes off with your beloved airsoft gun. :D

Ammo isn't actually very limited at all in this game (the next Aftermath game, if it happens, will be more limited in practical terms though) - everybody can have two guns, with up to 14 magazines. Each magazine can only hold what its real-life equivalent can hold, but that still means around 330 rounds per person, reloading when they get killed. It's more about the fact that mags will run out more quickly (or much more quickly) than people are used to, so picking shots carefully becomes more important.

Glad to hear you like the idea of limited ammo though, some people are absolutely horrified when they hear of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Lift going if you're interested. 2 free spaces in the car.

Nice one! I'll be in Swords at around 9 a.m. I'll pm you my mobile so you can give me a text when you're around the area. I can meet you up by The Big Tree on the north side of town if that helps (if it's still there, haven't been in Swords since late 90s).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

demonspawn wrote: »
    Nice one! I'll be in Swords at around 9 a.m. I'll pm you my mobile so you can give me a text when you're around the area. I can meet you up by The Big Tree on the north side of town if that helps (if it's still there, haven't been in Swords since late 90s).

Grand stuff, your seat is booked.

Anyone else need a lift,?
    Coming from Rathfarnham, heading North bound via M50, can make a wee detour on route. :)

You might not love it so much when you have to charge a machine-gun unarmed, with another machine-gun behind you for "morale purposes" - or when you get killed and some goon makes off with your beloved airsoft gun. :D

Ammo isn't actually very limited at all in this game (the next Aftermath game, if it happens, will be more limited in practical terms though) - everybody can have two guns, with up to 14 magazines. Each magazine can only hold what its real-life equivalent can hold, but that still means around 330 rounds per person, reloading when they get killed. It's more about the fact that mags will run out more quickly (or much more quickly) than people are used to, so picking shots carefully becomes more important.

Glad to hear you like the idea of limited ammo though, some people are absolutely horrified when they hear of it.

Eh, I might have a problem. I'm pretty new to the Irish airsoft scene and just bought my first gun about a week or two ago. Actually, this will be my first game in Ireland. It's an M14 and I'm having huge problems finding lows/mids for it. Hobby Airsoft will put them on their next order but that could take up to five weeks. Any chance I could just put 4-5 lowcaps worth of BBs in (about 300 BBs), go semi-auto and give you my selector switch? A broken selector switch could tie in with the game theme! :D

• Advertisement

demonspawn wrote: »
    Eh, I might have a problem. I'm pretty new to the Irish airsoft scene and just bought my first gun about a week or two ago. Actually, this will be my first game in Ireland. It's an M14 and I'm having huge problems finding lows/mids for it. Hobby Airsoft will put them on their next order but that could take up to five weeks. Any chance I could just put 4-5 lowcaps worth of BBs in (about 300 BBs), go semi-auto and give you my selector switch? A broken selector switch could tie in with the game theme! :D
    Okay, that seems like a reasonable compromise, and we'd hate to turn away an enthusiastic player. The M14 takes 20-round magazines, and your maximum allowance of 10 of those makes 200 rounds, so load her up with 200, gimme the selector switch, and if I get any reports of full-auto out of you you get fed to the radioactive skin-eating mutants.

Check with South-East Airsoft for M14 mags though, you never know.

Okay, that seems like a reasonable compromise, and we'd hate to turn away an enthusiastic player. The M14 takes 20-round magazines, and your maximum allowance of 10 of those makes 200 rounds, so load her up with 200, gimme the selector switch, and if I get any reports of full-auto out of you you get fed to the radioactive skin-eating mutants.

Check with South-East Airsoft for M14 mags though, you never know.

Ok cool! I'll give SE a shout but I've already been to Midwest, Hobby, and GoTac and they all say they'll have to order them in. I plan on getting at least 10 when they come so shouldn't have this problem anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

AHHH.....

So much lingo, midcaps, sidewindings..... is there an faq for all these terms, or do I just pick it up as I go along.

The directions look simple. I however can get lost even with the simplest directions. So if anyone sees a confused guy on a black motorbike, wave me in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Right, wasteland raider loadout is a go, hope it's sunny enough for shorts and a t-shirt. Otherwise I'm falling back on a Stalker-esque loadout. Looks like I'll be going with a shotty and a MAC11. Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

m4 should look the part, stock is being held together with tape:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

tadcan wrote: »
    AHHH.....

So much lingo, midcaps, sidewindings..... is there an faq for all these terms, or do I just pick it up as I go along.

The directions look simple. I however can get lost even with the simplest directions. So if anyone sees a confused guy on a black motorbike, wave me in the right direction.

Try; http://www.irishairsoft.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

was just wonderin if there is any lifts going:Dthis sounds great,frm the liffey valley area

So no entry on mid-caps, but one on high-caps. So does it just mean medium capacity or does it have specific limits?

Side winding is just the delivery method used to bring the BB's into the gun.

What is the difference between BDU and multicam?

In Larp pretending the sword is heavy is part of the game. Do you have to hold and use your gun as if their really is weight and recoil?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

well the weight is there in some guns. basicly the limit on ammo is what the real gun would take in real life. as with recoil if you have a gbbr you have a little recoil

andy_g wrote: »
    well the weight is there in some guns. basicly the limit on ammo is what the real gun would take in real life. as with recoil if you have a gbbr you have a little recoil
    andy wat if you have only high caps could i still use them but put certain amount of ammo in it?

• Advertisement

gbbr, please explain. I am a total noob to this.

So no entry on mid-caps, but one on high-caps. So does it just mean medium capacity or does it have specific limits?
    Generally it's just used to mean a non-winding magazine, which works the same simple way a real gun's magazine works. There's a hazy line between mid-caps and low-caps that doesn't matter.
    What is the difference between BDU and multicam?
    BDU is a particular cut of clothing that the American military used to use (it stands for Battle Dress Uniform, and has been replaced with ACU). It's incorrectly used by PEOPLE WHO ARE WRONG to refer to any set of camouflage clothing. Multicam is a camouflage pattern; you might not have noticed yet that there are many styles of camouflage pattern - BUT YOU WILL.
    In Larp pretending the sword is heavy is part of the game. Do you have to hold and use your gun as if their really is weight and recoil?
    Nope, although if your gun actually does feel realistic and kicks a bit people will think you're cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

gbbr, please explain. I am a total noob to this.

sorry GBBR=gas blowback rifle it uses gas instead of a battery

so if you only hav high caps you cant play?:confused:

andy wat if you have only high caps could i still use them but put certain amount of ammo in it?
    I'm afraid not; this is discussed earlier in this thread, non-winding magazines is pretty much a hard requirement. We'll try to help you sourcing some if you want to buy some to play this game, of course, but this is a common rule in milsim.

ill try to get some funds to get some thanks:pac:

oh i forgot wat if you hav a bolt action sniper, i have an ssg?

oh i forgot wat if you hav a bolt action sniper, i have an ssg?
    If the mags ain't windy, you're onto a winner - and bolt action is pretty damn post-apocalyptic, I'd say. They only take 5 rounds to a magazine in real life though so that's what you'd be loading, so I hope you have a few. :)

ha sounds great ha ye i hav a few and i used it at the knew site already and done good wit it:)just hav to get a lift :(ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Spetzcong wrote: »
    hope it's sunny enough for shorts and a t-shirt. Otherwise I'm falling back on a Stalker-esque loadout.

I personally wouldn't cite sufficient sunlight as the main downside to a tshirt and shorts for airsoft.
    you might not have noticed yet that there are many styles of camouflage pattern - BUT YOU WILL.

Sure they all look the same anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement