Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salvage, Hrta milsim game, Monday the 3rd of May.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

If the mags ain't windy, you're onto a winner - and bolt action is pretty damn post-apocalyptic, I'd say. They only take 5 rounds to a magazine in real life though so that's what you'd be loading, so I hope you have a few. :)

the styer ssg 69 takes a 5 round rotary mag or 10 round box mag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Stonewolf wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't cite sufficient sunlight as the main downside to a tshirt and shorts for airsoft.

Sure what's a few welts? I've done worse to myself coming home from the pub. Besides, it's milsim with real capacity mags, it's not like I'm gonna get a whole hi-cap unloaded on me, it'll give me that extra incentive not to get hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

BDU is a particular cut of clothing that the American military used to use (it stands for Battle Dress Uniform, and has been replaced with ACU). It's incorrectly used by PEOPLE WHO ARE WRONG to refer to any set of camouflage clothing. Multicam is a camouflage pattern; you might not have noticed yet that there are many styles of camouflage pattern - BUT YOU WILL.

BDUs: Battle Dress Uniform, a woodland style camouflage uniform formerly worn by U.S. Army and other military forces supplied by the U.S.BDUs-forest.jpg

ACU: Army Combat Uniform, a digital style camouflage uniform currently used by the U.S. Army.
    Army_Combat_Uniform.jpg

DCU: Desert Camouflage Uniform worn by U.S. Forces during the Gulf War.
    3rdcavxz2.jpg

ABU: Airman Battle Uniform currently used by the U.S. Air Force.
    Propper-ABU-Caot3.gif

Multicam: New camouflage uniform currently being used by U.S. Spec Ops and has recently been approved for use in Afghanistan. It will eventually replace the ACU.
    multicam-BDU-shirt.5485537_std.gif

There are a few more but you're probably already incredibly bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

thermo wrote: »
    the styer ssg 69 takes a 5 round rotary mag or 10 round box mag
    Nice one, thanks; that'll teach me to believe the first thing I read on the Internet at the last minute. Right so Jesse, 10 rounds per magazine if you've got box-style mags. Make 'em count.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

demonspawn wrote: »
    BDUs: Battle Dress Uniform, a woodland style camouflage uniform formerly worn by U.S. Army and other military forces supplied by the U.S.

<snip>

There are a few more but you're probably already incredibly bored.

That's plenty for now, its a good reference point to use.
    I knew their were digital camo and old style. It seems that with anything in the military their are endless types and sub-types.

Is the game an infinite re-spawn. I presume you play the same 'character' for the whole day. Using our real names/nick names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

tadcan wrote: »
    That's plenty for now, its a good reference point to use.
    I knew their were digital camo and old style. It seems that with anything in the military their are endless types and sub-types.

Don't forget all the delicious acronyms and confusing model designations, they're the best part.
    tadcan wrote: »
    Is the game an infinite re-spawn. I presume you play the same 'character' for the whole day. Using our real names/nick names?

Unless there's a deviation from the rules you play the same role all day. When you're out you are considered to come back in as a fresh reinforcement but nothing in your role will change. Yes, there are infinite respawns BUT, you have a 10 minute laying on the ground bleed time (unless some helpful person executes you with a second hit) followed by 15 minutes chairsofting* back in the safe zone.

*chairsofting is like faffing in larp, but more extreme because you do it in an off-game area!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Fricking cool idea....ill be there...

running a similar load-out to everyone's favorite grumpy old man Bogman...

Ill be using my spas 14 , it is a mod version of the spas 12 with extended mag similar to real life spas 15 which has a 6 round mag, therefore i ask may this be used following this equation : (1 x shotgun shell 3 x 10) x 6 shells = 120 bb's

how many spas 15 mags am i allowed to carry? Full mag is 470 bb's or 4 mags?

This is going to be great

Ill be using my spas 14 , it is a mod version of the spas 12 with extended mag similar to real life spas 15 which has a 6 round mag, therefore i ask may this be used following this equation : (1 x shotgun shell 3 x 10) x 6 shells = 120 bb's

how many spas 15 mags am i allowed to carry? Full mag is 470 bb's or 4 mags?
    The rule of thumb to follow is that however many times you can pull the trigger on the real version (in single-shot mode) and have death come out, is how often you should be able to do the same on the airsoft one. If I'm reading this right, you're using a box magazine rather than magazines that look like shotgun shells as used in many airsoft pump-action shotguns. Therefore, if this box magazine's real life equivalent takes 6 rounds, 6 shots is what to aim for per magazine. That means either 6 BBs (!) if it fires one at a time, or 18 if it fires three at a time.

That sounds pretty stingy when I look at it, but the buildings at HRTA are just the right distance from each other to bring triple-shot shotguns into their own. I find that close up there's not enough spread for 3 to be any different from 1, and far out they go all over the place, but in that sweet spot they spread just enough to cover an entire doorway or window. Boom.

If you're considering the shotgun as your primary gun you can carry up to 10 mags for it. If you're also packing a sub-machine gun you can choose which to consider your primary and which your secondary - 10 mags for primaries, 4 for secondaries.

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Looking forward to seeing you there.

The rule of thumb to follow is that however many times you can pull the trigger on the real version (in single-shot mode) and have death come out, is how often you should be able to do the same on the airsoft one. If I'm reading this right, you're using a box magazine rather than magazines that look like shotgun shells as used in many airsoft pump-action shotguns. Therefore, if this box magazine's real life equivalent takes 6 rounds, 6 shots is what to aim for per magazine. That means either 6 BBs (!) if it fires one at a time, or 18 if it fires three at a time.

That sounds pretty stingy when I look at it, but the buildings at HRTA are just the right distance from each other to bring triple-shot shotguns into their own. I find that close up there's not enough spread for 3 to be any different from 1, and far out they go all over the place, but in that sweet spot they spread just enough to cover an entire doorway or window. Boom.

If you're considering the shotgun as your primary gun you can carry up to 10 mags for it. If you're also packing a sub-machine gun you can choose which to consider your primary and which your secondary - 10 mags for primaries, 4 for secondaries.

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Just to be accurate shotguns fire between 9 and 200 pellets of lead per shot(standard 12 gauge), not a single round therefore(lowest amount picked) 1 shotgun shell = 9bb's , 1 mag = 9 x 6 = 54bb's x 10 mags = 540bb's if shotgun primary and 4 x 30 rounds= 120bb's for MP5

Not trying to be a male hen, but i love my shotty and i wanna get the most out of it :D

Big thanks for putting together the day,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Just to be accurate shotguns fire between 9 and 200 pellets of lead per shot(standard 12 gauge), not a single round therefore(lowest amount picked) 1 shotgun shell = 9bb's , 1 mag = 9 x 6 = 54bb's x 10 mags = 540bb's if shotgun primary and 4 x 30 rounds= 120bb's for MP5

Not trying to be a male hen, but i love my shotty and i wanna get the most out of it :D

Big thanks for putting together the day,,,,,

If you want this to be realistic you only get one pull of the trigger per shell. Open to correction.

• Advertisement

If you want this to be realistic you only get one pull of the trigger per shell. Open to correction.

I agree, the purpose of milsim is to SIMulate the MILitary to be as "real" as possible. 18 bb's from a spas aint real...

anyway WAY off topic, going to be great day.... thanks to all who have set up see you monday....

Just to be accurate shotguns fire between 9 and 200 pellets of lead per shot(standard 12 gauge), not a single round
    Right, but airsoft shotguns don't. :) The only types I've seen fire either a single BB or three (one each from three separate barrels). For the purposes of trying to simulate this, we're going with one trigger pull on the real one being equivalent to one trigger pull on the airsoft one, if you get my meaning. So, if your SPAS fires 3 BBs per trigger pull, each magazine will be loaded with 3 BBs times 6 shells-in-the-real-mag equals 18 BBs. Does that make sense to you? (I'm assuming here that it's a normal airsoft box magazine, and that the airsoft shotgun magazines that look like a shotgun shell are nothing to do with it)

You're right about the MP5 backup, you can carry 4 magazines, each containing 30 rounds.

Just to check, by the way, that you saw the requirement for non-winding magazines - this thread's getting long and some stuff might be getting missed. I remember seeing a customised shotgun running a winding high-capacity magazine posted in a photos thread, which, while super-cool, just isn't suitable for this type of game. If that was yours and it's the one we're talking about, sorry, you'll need to figure out non-winding mags in order to use it.

Sorry to be strict about this, but that's the way it goes with milsim. (even though the setting is a bit mad, we're trying to keep the rules as realistic as is practical)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Loadout set, just don't know if i should go Generic OD helmet, or commissar hat.

Decisions decisions.

What would you do if society wasn't around anymore to point and laugh? Look deep within yourself, I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Which is the Commissar hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I hope it's a huge commissar hat from warhammer 40k.

dsc00064.png

Here's the important bits of info collected, because the thread is getting big.

Briefings start at 1030, game on at 1100, so turn up by 1000 at the latest (0930 would be a better idea).

The Outpost of South-East Airsoft will be there to sell you things.

You can sign up to secure a place on the faction of your choice and get some faction background ahead of time at:
    http://airsoft-booking.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=681

If you're interested in playing one of the faction leaders, information is at that same link or back in this thread.

Familiarise yourself with the rules ahead of time, especially if you haven't played this type of game before! They're available at:
    http://www.rulesofengagement.ie/rules.php

The most important and pertinent rules, in short form, are basically:
    • Non-winding magazines only. If you ain't got 'em, you may not play.
    • Magazines loaded with as many BBs as its real equivalent carries bullets (real-cap), plus 4 followers for guns that require them.
    • Numbers of magazines you may carry is limited by role, as per the rules.
    • Gun hits destroy the gun.
    • 10-minute bleed time, 15-minute respawn time.
    • Two people can simulated-carry an injured player at a walking speed.
    The rules are strict. If you load too many BBs, carry too many mags, or understay your bleed or respawn times you are cheating and will be dealt with accordingly. We'll try to help people get it right, but ultimately you're responsible for your own actions, so learn the rules!

Bring a watch if you can, to count bleed time. Bring some water and lunch too because you won't be out of the game for longer than 15 minutes during the day.

See y'all on Monday! It's shaping up to be a good day. Weather forecast's leaning toward dry, maybe a bit breezy, and a little cool.

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you sign up for one faction are you stuck with it then?

Yeah, because I'll be sending out the background document. You'll get the background on the day anyway; if you're not definite about which faction you want and so won't mind being assigned on the day there's no need to book a spot on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Just a simple question, being a total airsoft noob, if I attend this I'll only have my first weapon and no sidearm...what with the ammo limits (four mags), do you think I'd be at a major disadvantage? And if so, does the site rent sidearms? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

from my experience you can only rent assault rifles like stubbys:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

and no you wouldnt be at a disadvantage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I like how this is going ... shaping up to be epic! Now ... the ammo limits mean that using a GBB rifle might actually be no disadvantage (for a change) ... time to start oiling the WE so!

Kazuma wrote: »
    Just a simple question, being a total airsoft noob, if I attend this I'll only have my first weapon and no sidearm...what with the ammo limits (four mags), do you think I'd be at a major disadvantage? And if so, does the site rent sidearms? :D
    Not a major disadvantage, no. There's still plenty for a disarmed player to do anyway - grab objectives, draw fire, spot enemies, sneak around trying for knife kills, help carry injured for the medic and so on and so on (or maybe that's all).

No rentals of any kind are available for this event. You'll be grand though, gun hits aren't too common and an extra 36 BBs out of a pistol wouldn't turn the game in your favour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

South East airsoft got some g36 magwells in. Check out their site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

going mad cant make it as i have to work damn you work damn you!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

andy do you kno if they will be selling 134a gas there?i got a m700:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

andy do you kno if they will be selling 134a gas there?i got a m700:D

PM Rhinocharge and ask him to bring some up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I am hoping to make it to this.

As with all real-life apocalyptical scenarios(is that even a word), I assume there is no limit on the amount of firepower one can bring to the party, just the mag loads for each shooty-stick.

Or am I just being a tool and not reading things right.:o

I just want to know if I can load up with pistolas and shottys (a couple of each).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I assumed we were being limited to a primary and secondary. And if you were going to bring something like dual pistols that you would be still limited to 4 mags total.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Cheers for that. Now to decide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement