Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salvage, Hrta milsim game, Monday the 3rd of May.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

Indeed I am. I'll be getting my post-religion townie beating freak on tomorrow! Aw yea!!
    nice wat weapons you using?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

nice wat weapons you using?:)

Everything!!
    Joking aside, I haven't decided yet. The ammo limits mean that using a GBBR would be pretty much perfect, so I might bring the scar (and I don't have to worry about overfilling the mag by mistake as they've the proper capacity).
    Otherwise I think it'll be an M4 of some sort or other.

Sorry Evilrobotshane - I'm off to the pub now, so no more spamming!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i was thinking about going for the acolyts but ill bring a spare change of clothes incase the teams need balancing
    cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if anybody needs a lift from the kildare town area or on route gis a shout, im on my tod tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

thermo wrote: »
    on my tod tomorrow.

That sounds very painful. :D

• Advertisement

see you's there tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can I just say its great to actually read threads interesting as this. Been kinda moving away from boards cause it annoys me, but this really got me reading again, and it really got me pumped for a summer of airsoft.

Huge advanced thanks to Paul for as ever promoting the best form of airsoft and to shane for taking the time out to make this happen.

now I hope you dont **** it up ;)

On a plus side, I'm brining a rifle that I've only used once before, but own for over a year, and holy ****, I was punching holes in my mas garden gnomes all evening.

Looking forward to cut yall down, and even more so for the game that actually has a story and a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Now to sort out the buses and stuff, I can get there in the morning but have to figure out my own way back...hmm :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Kazuma wrote: »
    Now to sort out the buses and stuff, I can get there in the morning but have to figure out my own way back...hmm :/

It'll be a tight squeeze, but we can probably manage you in the boot, backseat, tie you to the roof-rack. :D You know where to find me. ;)

It'll be a tight squeeze, but we can probably manage you in the boot, backseat, tie you to the roof-rack. :D You know where to find me. ;)
    Haha, cool, thanks Rhino, good to know all the stuff is ready too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

There has been a slight change in weather forecast...

"Tomorrow Monday will be a cool bright day with sunny spells. Most places will be dry, but there may be a few light showers across some eastern areas. Highest temperatures 10 to 14 degrees, with no more than moderate northerly winds and low radioactive fallout."

So bring some light rain/hazmat gear if your worried about getting a little wet/mutated.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

TheDoc wrote: »
    now I hope you dont **** it up ;)
    Oh, baby. You have no idea.

if anybody needs a lift from the kildare town area or on route gis a shout, im on my tod tomorrow.

Nobody???? I tried!!!

That sounds very painful. :D

Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

Pain is only weakness leaving the body!
    ha nice say that tomorrow wen your taken them ouy wit the gloch:D

What's a tod, thermo?

Kazuma wrote: »
    What's a tod, thermo?

It means I'm traveling solo!

ha nice say that tomorrow wen your taken them ouy wit the gloch:D

I try not to brag,,,,,,, not easy though,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Hardtop

Thanks for a great day today, the story was really good, gameplay was fantastic. Burgers delivered out to us as we played :) all round one of the best days out ive had.
    hats off to evilrobotshane for organizing it.
    Thanks from A.O.N

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Absolutely great day out, can't wait for the next game :D.

Edit: Oh and forgot to say thanks again to Shane, Paul and the other marshall (I never got his name :o) ((I'll take it from Doc's post that his name was Dave)).

And thanks to all who made it an enjoyable day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Death to the Heretics of Salvage!

Next time, we're gonna burn your town to the ground for defying us.

Lessons were learned RE: trusting survivors, Doc in particular, ya sneaky fecker.

Great day, had lots of fun, looking forward to more post apocalyptic milsim in the future. Thanks to Evilrobotshane for organising it and everyone who turned up and contributed to it being such a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Big cheers to Shane and Dave and all the help they had, it was their first milsim organised and their first marshalling afaik and they did a super job.

Fair play to everyone who turned out there was great sportsmanship and it was a fantastic day from what I saw.

I know there was a few people who got the hump from my treacherous shanagins, but there was larp involved, all that was done was roleplayed and with a purpose, personally had the time of my life :D

And also huge thanks to Paul for the mid game drop of burgers, perfect timing as always.

madmax2.jpg

Till next time

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Well done Shane and Dave. Great day. Excellent burgers too Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I dunno Doc, "break a deal, face the wheel"

I know a few people were a bit shocked by you guys turning on them but I personally thought it added to the day.

If there's an after action report written up explaining how things turned out for the various factions perhaps people who got the hump will understand things better. Either way I had great craic, having seen you guys who had larp roles I reckon it might have been more interesting to have a bit more larp all round in any future installments, looked like it made the game even more entertaining for yiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Big thanks to Shane & Paul really enjoyed the day and again never trust a survivors , got em in the end though.

Would be nice to hear an end story to this.

great day and it was a plearure being a medic for the pinks:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

i just want to echo what was said above,
    it was an absolutly craicing day
    well done to Shane and co for setting up,writing,marshalling the event
    and to paul for hosting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Amazing day with great players, friends and new friends. It was one of the most enjoyable days I had in a long time and even tho we had our asses handed to us in the afternoon - it was pure genius and class play by the Survivors (Doc, Fayer, AlternateID and Co) - AWESOME play you guys (doublecrossing treacherous bastids's):p

I was supposed to eliminate you with extreme prejudice whenever I saw you -yet, when I saw you had turned to our side and were helping us get back in control - I didn’t terminate you (my mistake) - and again... my own fault.:o:D
    Pure class.;)

As my wife said to me this evening (when recalling the epic'ness of the day) -
    "And your the most cynical f***er of them all - to get caught out again and again... tut tut" :D:D

I explained shooting Doc would be like shooting a little puppy - ya just cant!! (Till the little fecker p!sses all over the carpet and bites ya on the ass)

Anyway - really fantastic day, the weather was awesome and the craic was even better. Roll on the next one....

Thanks to everyone who made it happen - Shane and co, Paul and all the players who made it so worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

brilliant day, thanks to everyone who organised it and everyone who played, i did a few stupid things but anyway:P
    all in all absolutly great craic ('cept carrying all the heavy crap from the house to the village:p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭assasin.338

the day was absolutley brilliant cant wait to play the next time
    thanks to shane and co
    one word about today .....EPIC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement