Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salvage, Hrta milsim game, Monday the 3rd of May.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

madmaxi wrote: »
    You are more than welcome Shane, it was our way of feeding the crowd on the go.:)
    In fairness, Steve ordered them, Paul and myself cooked and you boys ate them. :D

Really appreciated them. Thank you very much!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

+1 on that. Not that I need more burgers. In truth I need the absence of burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

You are more than welcome Shane, it was our way of feeding the crowd on the go.:)
    In fairness, Steve ordered them, Paul and myself cooked and you boys ate them. :D

so which other weekends are you avalible to visit hrta?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

thermo wrote: »
    so which other weekends are you avalible to visit hrta?

Shame on you Thermo, I'm a happily married woman.

It will all depend on when Paul wants us or when the next milsim is, if its for the burgers......... talk to Steve.:D

Shame on you Thermo, I'm a happily married woman.

It will all depend on when Paul wants us or when the next milsim is, if its for the burgers......... talk to Steve.:D

of course its about the burgers!!!!!!!!!

what did you think i meant??? :confused: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Thanks to everybody who helped me out with my gear before the game, I had no idea what I was at :pac:

And for the battery and five mags too! :D

...mmm, burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

of course its about the burgers!!!!!!!!!

what did you think i meant??? :confused: :eek:

Once a priest, always a priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jeawan wrote: »
    You know i think i shot him i came around the corner saw red team and opened fire :)

Yeah it was you, and 99.9% of the time I wouldnt have even replied, I did pretty much break a rule by shouting out but you know how adrenaline flows and id just taking out Deafenderdude and keith with a knife, and spetzcong and some other young chap with my m16, and was running for another knife kill when you shot me.

But moreso to the point, I wanted you to be freaked about doing it, and make sure youd hesitate next time, because me and Fay had a pretty awesome plan that never came to fruitition.

We had planned to capture the councilor and the priest, and have them held hostage in the bus. We then planned to exchange a faction leader for "Tad" so we could get the biological weapon which we learned from in character conversation. The plan was then to extract Tad as a prisoner, to sell to the highest bidder and make a fortune.

The idea was there would be frantic searching for Tad, who (in i think his first game) would have been some experience being chased by two teams, and hopefully everyone would have slaughtered each other looking for him.

In turn the other survivors could collect the bits and bobs free will, and by endgame the bus would be repaired to high tail out of there.

It sounded tremendous when we talked about it and we put some larp into motion gaining trust from the blue team heavily waiting to strike.

Unfortunately when the teams got unbalanced, I took a red armband and wanted to give myself to even the teams, and competely forgot about the awesome Fay had created in his head, and I ended up shooting him, to which he freaked and reminded me of the plan.

More i think back on it, the more that game was absolutely near on prefectly built for outragous scenarios, wether intentional or not. And i think its only gotten from milsim.

Like the above scenario was in no shape or form coaxed or thought of by the marshalls, just two guys having a brainstorm, but the tools were there, the props were there, and the idea sounded immense, and I think we coulda done it.

I'd definitely encourage anyone with a slight interest to take a larp role, even minor. You saw the amount of shooting i did during the day, but i larped aswell which was awesome and it was great to do.

Its super props to the lads, and it provided a good lesson in anyone looking to run a milsim, or a big event or any event. Marshalls and script writers dont make good games, players do.

All you need to do is fill a third of the story, and let the imagination take the rest.

Jesus Doc - to say that ye decided to run with the ball is putting it fairly mildly! Lessons learned from yesterday (we're all about that in work at the minute):
    1. Do not get drawn into pointless and ammo sapping firefights at the start of the game, just for the hell of it like.
    2. Milsim with a half mag of a pistol left is total win - especially when you manage to pull it off for a good 45 minutes.
    3. Tactical burgers are not so tactical when your entire team decides to have one in the safe zone at the same time.
    4. As a LARP noob I have now learned that betrayal is to be expected (in fact encouraged). Next time we'll have to be as inventive as ye were!
    5. If in doubt, shoot Doc.

Also I think the new site lends to much more in your face milsim.

The old site had some serious lul moments in battle, expecially at respawn times, with that big open field to walk down into respawn, where you are sighted the whole way.

The respawn points at opposite ends worked well in theory, players were back in the thick of it quickly, however obviously some spawn camping did ruin moments, to which I guess I have to raise my hand and apologise for, but when youve just shot 6 lads with a pistol its hard to kinda stop and say " ill let them come out" i was just about prepared to go into the safe zone and knife kill paul.

THATS HOW **** HOT I WAS FEELING!

• Advertisement

Oh don't worry Doc ... it's all being stored for Shane's Aftermath scenario - if he can be persuaded to arrange a rematch. As I said, lessons learned:D

This should have been blaring for the last 10 minutes of the game by the way.

If I had of watched that film sooner then two days ebfore, I would have gone to the effort of dressing like tina turner, screaming " we dont need another hero" milling people out of it

G.I Joseph wrote: »
    Once a priest, always a priest.

whos this then? :confused:

TheDoc wrote: »
    If I had of watched that film sooner then two days ebfore, I would have gone to the effort of dressing like tina turner, screaming " we dont need another hero" milling people out of it

No Doc, no. That's a disturbing image to have burned into my brain.

No Doc, no. That's a disturbing image to have burned into my brain.

i think doc would look well in those earrings :rolleyes:

Aw jaysus Thermo - not you too.
    No. Get out get out get out!!!

Aw jaysus Thermo - not you too.
    No. Get out get out get out!!!

*grabs coat* slan!

It just too ... horrible for words Thermo! Right - I'm out of here before someone brings out the cats...

It just too ... horrible for words Thermo! Right - I'm out of here before someone brings out the cats...

LARP/MILSIM where everybody is dressed as a cat,,,,,, INTERESTING!

What, you mean something like this:
    tacticalcat.jpg

• Advertisement

it would be different,,,,,,,,,,

it would be different,,,,,,,,,,

Naturally ... cats of that size (to human scale) tend to be the sort of thing that, LARP or not, make people run as fast as possible in the opposite direction. Rather like the thought of Doc dressed as Tina Turner to be honest.

. Rather like the thought of Doc dressed as Tina Turner to be honest.

your sick,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Rather like the thought of Doc dressed as Tina Turner to be honest.
    your sick,,,,,,,

One sick puppy. :D

Sorry - just re-read my post - what I was trying to say is that a large mutant cat that was bigger than me or thermo would make me run, like (or, as in, the same way) as seeing Doc dressed as Tina Turner, as he has alluded to above.

For the record - at no stage did I mean to suggest that I LIKED the thought of Doc dressed as Tina Turner. That would be wrong. Very wrong.

Bring on the next one Shane!! Mutant cats and Doc doing a Tina Turner - there's your baseline right there.

Sorry - just re-read my post - what I was trying to say is that a large mutant cat that was bigger than me or thermo would make me run, like (or, as in, the same way) as seeing Doc dressed as Tina Turner, as he has alluded to above.

For the record - at no stage did I mean to suggest that I LIKED the thought of Doc dressed as Tina Turner. That would be wrong. Very wrong.

Bring on the next one Shane!! Mutant cats and Doc doing a Tina Turner - there's your baseline right there.

sounds like a holoween game special!
    as for a mutant cat, it would go like this:
    merrydespot: holy f**k a huge mutant cat!
    thermo; RUN!!!!
    merrydespot; we will never outrun that cat
    thermo: i only have to outrun you!

And thus we see the magic of boards - from tactical burgers to huge mutant cats and 100 metre mutant cat survival runs in only a few hours. :D

Also - Shane - if you were in doubt about whether there was any interest for this - 5,447 views of this thread since it was created on the 22nd April, a mere two weeks ago. That's not bad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Looks like it was great fun, cool photos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

TheDoc wrote: »
    We had planned to capture the councilor and the priest, and have them held hostage in the bus. We then planned to exchange a faction leader for "Tad" so we could get the biological weapon which we learned from in character conversation. The plan was then to extract Tad as a prisoner, to sell to the highest bidder and make a fortune.

The idea was there would be frantic searching for Tad, who (in i think his first game) would have been some experience being chased by two teams, and hopefully everyone would have slaughtered each other looking for him.

In turn the other survivors could collect the bits and bobs free will, and by endgame the bus would be repaired to high tail out of there.

The larper in me is happy that you had such an audacious plan and is wistfully imagining how cool it would have been. Esp. for my first game. It really makes up for me not being a tactical player, when others get into the spirit of things.

• Advertisement

And thus we see the magic of boards - from tactical burgers to huge mutant cats and 100 metre mutant cat survival runs in only a few hours. :D

my work here is done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement