Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag accommodation Galway??

Options
  • 22-04-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi.

Looking for stag friendly accommodation in galway city for the end of may. Not really into the idea of hostel unless they were twin rooms. There's roughly 25 going. Nice quite lads!! Well they better behave..! Just read all the posts on boards and still came out with foook all.

Thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Try Travelodge on the Tuam Road. Stag friendly the last time I was there anyway.

Enjoy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭properbo

sound.i seen that in a post but i was told that there was no bar so i never looked. 49 yo yos a room. thats sweet. i'll give them a buzz tomorrow

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭whocares86

Eyre square hotel. not sure how much , depends on the weekend. been there for a stag and for Galway races. residents bar stays open late

Heading the 28th . Eyre square booked out ;-(

tnx anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

A shed with a few sleeping bags in a large field as far away as possible..:eek:
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

I'm told that Spanish Arch Hotel look after group booking well.

http://www.spanisharchhotel.ie/index.php?page=stag-nights-galway-hen-nights-galway

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Some buddies of mine stayed in the Forster Court Hotel on a stag. It was the mutts nuts apparently. You can have your breakfast fry-up anytime up to 6pm as part of the B&B (now that's what you need on a stag party!) and they also have a "late" bar for residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

gandroid wrote: »
    Some buddies of mine stayed in the Forster Court Hotel on a stag. It was the mutts nuts apparently. You can have your breakfast fry-up anytime up to 6pm as part of the B&B (now that's what you need on a stag party!) and they also have a "late" bar for residents.
    I'll second the Forster Court, was on a stag there myself earlier in the year.
    It's just off Eyre Sq, so very central. Subsidized parking in a car park behind it.
    I left the residents bar around 05:30 -06:00 (they were still serving).
    It's also true about the late fry-up's the next morning.
    Cost €45.50 each (including full Irish) for a Sat night and was much cheaper than anything else we looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

We stayed in a student acomodation village just outside the city a couple of years ago, cheap as fcuk compared to the hotel prices. can't remember the name and i'm too lazy to google it but it might set you in the right direction anyway. nice clean rooms, although tbh we didn't spend much time in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

I hear Westport is good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Beetle Juice

Yeah go with Forster Court Hotel. Definitely not the Travel Lodge, you'll be too far outside town, there's loads in town no need to go out that far.

thanks for all the replies. i ended up booking in the travel-lodge 22 of us, should be a mad one, so all good in the hood.

nice one boards again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can I bump this one for advice on the same question - stag in Galway. Feb of next year, up to 30 lads, not scumbags but solid boozing morning noon and night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bateman wrote: »
    Can I bump this one for advice on the same question - stag in Galway. Feb of next year, up to 30 lads, not scumbags but solid boozing morning noon and night
    Used to be a sticky for this,didnt know twas gone. Just search it cos its done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

bateman, try kinlay hostel in eyre square, its well located and big so should be able to cater for the needs.

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Think Eyre Square Hotel is pretty cheap!

Loads of hostels too....Snoozles etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kilomike31

Yes, Galway is a good choice... went to one a few months ago there myself. Have a look at <snip>, they have some packages that include accommodation at good prices. They organise things like karting, 5-a-side soccer and other activities as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

properbo wrote: »
    thanks for all the replies. i ended up booking in the travel-lodge 22 of us, should be a mad one, so all good in the hood.

nice one boards again!!

you do know this is not in the centre of things - its a bit out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

you do know this is not in the centre of things - its a bit out of town.

that comment was from nearly 3years ago, im sure he has found out by now,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

swiftman wrote: »
    that comment was from nearly 3years ago, im sure he has found out by now,

go mo leithsceal agus go raibh maith agate Swiftman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

go mo leithsceal agus go raibh maith agate Swiftman.

beidh biko anseo go luaith, agus beidh se DUNTA!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Reviving old threads to plug a business isn't cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement