Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai ix35

• 22-04-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen one of these, I just saw an add in the local newspaper for a launch thats on this weekend in the Hyundai dealer. Impressive preformance anyway, 182 bhp from a 2l diesel engine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I drove one today in Limerick.

I was seriously impressed by the power of the engine. When I moved into 2nd gear leaving the garage I was seriously surprised by the power.

The exterior is very nice, much nicer than the internet images. The black is the one I liked.

The interior lets it down. Tacky plasticy interior and a cheap 90's-esque style gear knob.

The radio is nice, sound system is good, has bluetooth(not for iphone), hill hold, cruise, air con(single), seat height control(no lumbar). Roomy rear leg room and large boot with pull over cover to hide your valuables. Steering wheel is multifunction.

€26,500 was what I was quoted, straight sale no trade in.

Would I buy one instead of a Qashqai even though the plasticy interior lets it down?

Yes because the Nissan is no better and the Hyundai gives you 5 years warranty instead of 3 years with Nissan and I like it. I can get over the plastic bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

finbarrk wrote: »
    Impressive preformance anyway, 182 bhp from a 2l diesel engine.

I thought it was 136bhp :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Absurdum wrote: »
    I thought it was 136bhp :confused:

Yep and a 1.7 is due in July or August.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Plates365.com

v similar to a Kuga i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I drove it last week and I thought that it was noisy, that the torque steer was funny and that it felt about 5 years old.

The interior is crap ( as usual in a Hyundai ) and anybody sitting in the back will have to be at least 5 foot 10 to see out the back windows they're so high up the door. Kids the country over will be puking within 10 minutes of their journey in this car.

Sorry guys, I hate Korean stuff anyway but I did approach this car with an open mind just to see if it was an use. Its not. As dated as a Tucson was 1 year after it was launched , this will be the very same. Its bettered by everything in that class IMO , Kuga, Qashcow even the Tiguan. As usual with the Koreans its just a copy of the best bits from everyone else all mashed together in a package thats supposed to be cheaper. But for 27 grand you can buy some really really good cars these days and this isn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Saw one on the road the other day and gotta say it looks pretty class from the outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'll have a look at it anyway. Probably not a good enough replacement for our trusty 07 Outlander though.

Advertisement