Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Daily

• 23-04-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

New World Cup blog just set up today.

worldcupdaily.wordpress.com

Any boardsies interested in helping out with it? I think we could make it pretty good!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Whats the plan with it? Would be happy to give a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

mayordenis wrote: »
    Whats the plan with it? Would be happy to give a hand.

Thanks. I'll drop you a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not sure if ill be any use but do my best to lend a hand if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Would be interested in helping out.

I can do some stuff on Australia and how the nation gets involved.

Thanks for the interest guys. Check your PMs. If anybody is in any of the 32 World Cup nations during the tournament or in the run-up and would like to comment on the atmosphere, expectations, press attitudes and speculation over there then that would be good too. Should be buying domain for it soon too, so watch this space!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

be interested in taking an unknown nation and doing research and possibly article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

That sounds like a great idea RichTea. Well done. Ill pm you with some ideas later

That sounds like a great idea RichTea. Well done. Ill pm you with some ideas later

Thanks man. Looking forward to reading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

I'd be happy to lend a hand. I'll be in the States during the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I'll happily help, maybe Team Analysis or Player profiles kinda stuff.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the replies. I've started stringing a few posts together. Check PMs.

http://worldcupdaily.wordpress.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is this your own blog, RichTea?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is this your own blog, RichTea?

It is, yeah.

In his first ever blog, the soccer forum's very own peabutler takes a look at some of the stars set to miss out on the World Cup.

http://worldcupdaily.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/guest-blog-star-names-set-to-miss-out-on-world-cup-dream/

With less than 40 days to go until the big kick-off, we've started the squad profiles. Today we have Germany and Algeria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Grand blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I've posted my views on the Germany profile in the World Cup Discussion Thread but suffice to say, very poor reporting imo from someone who hasn't watched a second of Bundesliga this year (especially with the view of Kießling not being on-form). I realise it's a boards.ie thing but still, it was pretty poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I've posted my views on the Germany profile in the World Cup Discussion Thread but suffice to say, very poor reporting imo from someone who hasn't watched a second of Bundesliga this year (especially with the view of Kießling not being on-form). I realise it's a boards.ie thing but still, it was pretty poor

I'm sorry if you thought it was poor.
    I do watch the Bundesliga- as people here on boards will tell you I'm a regular contributor to any of the bundesliga threads. I've watched a lot of bundesliga and 2.bundesliga this season.
    About Kiessling- that's my opinion and perhaps it shouldn't have been in there. Thanks for the feedback though- it's been noted.
    Please don't accuse me of not watching matches though, thanks.

I hope people keep reading the blog- it's going to keep getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm sorry if you thought it was poor.
    I do watch the Bundesliga- as people here on boards will tell you I'm a regular contributor to any of the bundesliga threads. I've watched a lot of bundesliga and 2.bundesliga this season.
    About Kiessling- that's my opinion and perhaps it shouldn't have been in there. Thanks for the feedback though- it's been noted.
    Please don't accuse me of not watching matches though, thanks.

I hope people keep reading the blog- it's going to keep getting better.

But he's (joint) top goalscorer in the league?! :confused: Anyways it's good the blog is there and I don't mean to personally insult anyone but it's how it came across in my first reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

But he's (joint) top goalscorer in the league?! :confused: Anyways it's good the blog is there and I don't mean to personally insult anyone but it's how it came across in my first reading

And one of the top scorers in the Champions League too- my mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Grand blog.

Oh, sick burn!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

I'm in Holland, could be interested in contributing

EI111 wrote: »
    I'm in Holland, could be interested in contributing
    Could you find out where Kuyt is playing. Some post has him playing as centre forward. Would that be correct?

RichTea wrote: »
    In his first ever blog, the soccer forum's very own peabutler takes a look at some of the stars set to miss out on the World Cup.

http://worldcupdaily.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/guest-blog-star-names-set-to-miss-out-on-world-cup-dream/
    Well done on the effort there Peabutler although wasn't really expecting Ronaldinho or Raul to feature and particularly Raul.
    If you look back on previous world cups, a lot of the star names dont tend to feature as prominently second time round. Rossi, Kempes, etc.
    Would give that piece a bit of a going over.

Well done on the effort there Peabutler although wasn't really expecting Ronaldinho or Raul to feature and particularly Raul.
    If you look back on previous world cups, a lot of the star names dont tend to feature as prominently second time round. Rossi, Kempes, etc.
    Would give that piece a bit of a going over.

There was a poll recently enough in El Mundo Deportivo about who should go to the World Cup. Raul, somehow, polled quite well in that one despite his age and lack of opportunity at Madrid this season.
    What peabutler was showing was that a lot of the biggest names in world football miss out on the World Cup and I think he did that very well.

You're right on the repeat World Cups - a possible exception being Ronaldo, who was arguably the star of 1998 behind Zidane and the hero once again in 2002. Just goes to show what a player he was though.

There was a poll recently enough in El Mundo Deportivo about who should go to the World Cup. Raul, somehow, polled quite well in that one despite his age and lack of opportunity at Madrid this season.
    What peabutler was showing was that a lot of the biggest names in world football miss out on the World Cup and I think he did that very well.

You're right on the repeat World Cups - a possible exception being Ronaldo, who was arguably the star of 1998 behind Zidane and the hero once again in 2002. Just goes to show what a player he was though.
    Yes Ronaldo was very good. Must take a look at that Mario Kempes profile. That team of course also spawned Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa.

Yes Ronaldo was very good. Must take a look at that Mario Kempes profile. That team of course also spawned Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa.

You should see Ardiles' run against Poland to set up Kempes' second goal, terrific stuff.

You should see Ardiles' run against Poland to set up Kempes' second goal, terrific stuff.
    Yes what I remember most about that world cup was the sheer quality of the dutch strikes.
    And obviously the Kempes final. Has there ever been an atmosphere like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

hi guys,

thought ye might be interested in this for the blog:

http://www.misionmundial.com.ar/equipos/argentina/lista-hoy_0_251374910.html

also, i subscribed to the emails but haven't received any even though new posts have been put up.

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    hi guys,

thought ye might be interested in this for the blog:

http://www.misionmundial.com.ar/equipos/argentina/lista-hoy_0_251374910.html

also, i subscribed to the emails but haven't received any even though new posts have been put up.

Thanks for that mate. Did you confirm the subscription? A confirmation email should have been sent out. If you didn't get it, drop me a PM and I'll try and see if I can fix it at our end.

Is that a training squad for Argentina? Very nice. I'll try and see if there are any other sources for that, but I can't find any right now.

Hi,

Just wondering what's going on with this blog...not seeing a whole lot of action lately! How about this:

"Juventus left-back Fabio Grosso was the shock victim as Italy coach Marcello Lippi cut two players from his pre-2010 FIFA World Cup™ squad on Tuesday. Lippi trimmed his squad from 30 to 28 players, with midfielder Antonio Candreva also sent home."

Also, Argentina squad has been trimmed to 23 now! The players to lose out were:
    " Newcastle defender Fabricio Coloccini, Newell's Old Boys defender Juan Manuel Insaurralde, Jose Sosa of Estudiantes, Olympiakos midfielder Jesus Datolo, Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, Lanus' Sebastian Blanco and Juan Mercier of Argentinos Juniors."

This blog could be great......

Hi,

Just wondering what's going on with this blog...not seeing a whole lot of action lately! How about this:

"Juventus left-back Fabio Grosso was the shock victim as Italy coach Marcello Lippi cut two players from his pre-2010 FIFA World Cup™ squad on Tuesday. Lippi trimmed his squad from 30 to 28 players, with midfielder Antonio Candreva also sent home."

Also, Argentina squad has been trimmed to 23 now! The players to lose out were:
    " Newcastle defender Fabricio Coloccini, Newell's Old Boys defender Juan Manuel Insaurralde, Jose Sosa of Estudiantes, Olympiakos midfielder Jesus Datolo, Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, Lanus' Sebastian Blanco and Juan Mercier of Argentinos Juniors."

This blog could be great......

Hi mate. Thanks for reading. There's not a whole lot going down this week so far because I've a lot of work to do regarding college and postgrad next year. However, with the Cup hype about to reach fever pitch the blog is going to turn it up a notch next week. I have a couple of lads from abroad up for doing pieces on preparations in participating nations over the next couple of weeks.

Keep an eye out for more World Cup Daily very soon.

Thanks!

Quick update.

World Cup Daily has moved!

http://worldcupdailyblog.com

With the World Cup just a day away we have new writers and are preparing for Live text-commentary of matches, daily round ups, previews, tactical analysis and everything else for every day of the tournament.

Quick update.

World Cup Daily has moved!

http://worldcupdailyblog.com

With the World Cup just a day away we have new writers and are preparing for Live text-commentary of matches, daily round ups, previews, tactical analysis and everything else for every day of the tournament.

Hi, so do we have to re-subscribe to this now that it's moved?

• Advertisement

Hi, so do we have to re-subscribe to this now that it's moved?

Nope. It should still be delivered. My list of subscribers is still intact. Did you get the two pieces from today?

Thanks for subscribing :)

Advertisement