Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovi Store "This operation cannot be performed due to an error"

Options
  • 23-04-2010 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi,

This is my first day trying the Ovi Store so just wondering if someone more used to it can give me some clue what it's deal is.

I can connect alright, but when the page comes up (with the "Recommended" stuff on it) it gives me the above error message if I try to move away from it.

So I tap "Applications" at the top of the page - it gives me the error. If I try ANYTHING it gives me the error.

I've tried various things - turning the phone off and on etc. And occasionally it'll let me navigate to another page, but when I click on Download, the error message pops up.

I'm signed in correctly, I've loads of credit....I just got the bloody phone today so it's all updated.

I've also tried sending myself links from my PC, and they arrive successfully but when I click on them? Yeah, you guessed it.

So is this normal for the Ovi Store? Am I supposed to just keep trying in the days to come? I don't fancy it!

What annoys me is that I'm burning credit the whole time I'm trying to get through!

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

what phone you got?
    also it should only cost 99c-€1 a day to use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

And yeah, I'm not too worried about my credit now as I checked it this morning and it's only down 99c. Thanks.

But the Ovi store is still ****e. This morning I managed to download a coupla things, so I don't think it's me that's the problem, but the error was still popping up all over the place.

Every time I had to go out of it and go back in again and hope to god I could do something before it popped up again.

Is it like this for everybody??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

tried it on my phone without the wifi and it took a few tries to download an app
    work with out any problems on wifi but on the 99c conection it fails most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

go to dotsis.com its free lol. Have a load of other links but using phone to post now so dont have links handy.

Advertisement