Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bearded dragon egg premature hatch help!

Options
  • 23-04-2010 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

checked on eggs and noticed egg was hatched and lizards and yolk was out of egg, all i could find on net was put them into a seperate tub , i have done that , is ther atn else i can do?
    also eggs are due to hatch soon so its not to much premature,
    and he looks fully formed and was moving

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Everything sounds ok there then if the baby seems in good health. HOw long have the eggs been incubating? and what temps are they being incubated at? Make sure and have a nice big supply of pinhead crickets for the babys to munch on, they do go through alot as babys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Give Ben a ring from Reptile Haven 01 6704001. He is a fountain of information when it comes to reptiles.

http://www.reptilehavenireland.com/default.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

eggs are incubating since start o febuary, so are due to hatch , it was a clutch of 21 but only 2 survived, and 1 wich is out of the shell since last night but i think he just givin slight movements, temp are grand and all,

you say temps are grand n all but what does that mean? they could be too high or too low, this having a bad effect on the babies, both before and after they hatch..

so the little one has died ,
    the tepature was set to 85, it was a clutch of 21 eggs but most were bad eggs except the 2 i said ,the last egg looks like its due to hatch so im gona keep a close eye on it

• Advertisement

the mother beardie may not have got enough vitamins and calcium while she had the eggs inside her. If not then the babies would not have had enough vitamins and minerals, mineral and calcium deficiency in baby beardies is not good as majority wont survive if this is the case.
    Is it her first clutch of eggs and what other experience have you with breeding reptiles and reptiles in general?

yeh it was her first clutch , was my first time breeding(wasnt realy hoping they'd breed as she is a few years old )
    my female and male were both kept well fed with ther vitamins and calcium , but she wouldnt dig and lay the eggs she jus let them out basicly around the viv, so that could also be the problem with the ones that died,
    (thanks to every one for replying)

if you are breeding beardies, and the female has eggs, its a good idea to put a box full of sand and soil, a good mix of both, for the female to dig and lay her eggs in. If the eggs are moved around then the chances are the eggs will go bad. you have to leave them in the same position you found them in.
    If you are housing them together, make sure and keep them temps up so that they do not go into brumation ( hibernation ).
    ALso, beardies are known to have multiple clutches after retaining sperm, so if you notice more eggs in her, then place an egg laying box in the viv and let her do her thing. Females need more calcium and vitamins thasn usual when they have eggs.

that what i did , i but a decent size box of sand in the tank , the tank is over 4ftlong and she would play on it but laid her eggs on the hole other side of the tank,i have a few tanks cos i have other lizard,
    and that is a great size for her,

here is a photo of her , her name is cleo ,
    DSC001161600x1200.jpg

she is in the proses of shedding as you might see lol

• Advertisement

last egg hatched awhile ago , lizard was lying down and kicking its legs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

antocann wrote: »
    last egg hatched awhile ago , lizard was lying down and kicking its legs

congrats ....yer a dad !!!

do you no weather it will survive?
    it was also opening its mouth
    i want it to survive as its the only 1 out of 21 eggs

lizard still asleep in incubater 2days now , is this normal?
    he hasnt opend eyes yet, i rubbed him to see if he was alive and he was moving like mad

ok so last bearded dragon died, so i guess we can close this thread

Advertisement