Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 12. 23rd-25th April.

Options
  • 23-04-2010 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday, 23 April 2010

Hull v Wakefield, 20:00 **SS3**
    Wigan v Harlequins, 20:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

St Helens v Leeds, 17:45 **SS3**

Sunday, 25 April 2010

Bradford v Hull KR, 15:00
    Castleford v Salford, 15:30
    Crusaders v Huddersfield, 15:00
    Warrington v Catalans Dragons, 15:00

Back to the SL after last weeks Challenge Cup Hiatus. Saints V Leeds promises to be an extremely interesting game, and should show us whether Leeds two recent good showings marks a genuine Renaissance or merely a dead cat bounce...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I can't see Leeds winning at Saints but I at least expect them to run saints close. I missed the cup games but a couple of lads said Leeds seem to be playing with a slightly different structure / game plan. Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Leeds are +2 @ evens with the bookies which means they expect a very close game and only making Saints favourites because they are at home. Leeds have improved a lot since the dismal 2nd half performance against Wigan a few weeks ago and are scoring well.
    This is still going to be a tight game and very hard to call. Will do Leeds +2 in the bookies and sit back and enjoy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Happy days are here again. Result of round? Bottom beating top away from home. Unbelievable.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Happy days are here again. Result of round? Bottom beating top away from home. Unbelievable.

Like I said. Fix.

• Advertisement

Meh. Would take a win anyway it comes. Glorious 2nd half comeback in front of over 18,000. Wouldn't care if hanse cronje had risen again and fancied a pop at a different sport and had a little flutter on the game. Beating Wigan always feels good.

Meh. Would take a win anyway it comes. Glorious 2nd half comeback in front of over 18,000. Wouldn't care if hanse cronje had risen again and fancied a pop at a different sport and had a little flutter on the game. Beating Wigan always feels good.

A feeling you've missed? :pac: Impressive crowd for, let's be honest, what most would've been expected to be a walkover.

amacachi wrote: »
    A feeling you've missed? :pac:

I don't think it happens enough to miss! That is prob going to be highlight of the season. But now only bottom on points diff. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

I don't think it happens enough to miss! That is prob going to be highlight of the season. But now only bottom on points diff. ;-)

Great stuff Doofer, and don't listen to the "Wigan were decimated by injuries" guff..there was a pretty decent warriors outfit on the track tonight and at home to boot. Personally, from a leeds point of view I can never decide who I prefer beating most Wigan or Saints....enjoy!

Anyone catch the FC/Wakey game?..dour, intelligence free affair. Wakey are just not what they were with Brough. Cooke hasn't settled thus far and with the notable exception of the excellent Obst pretty one dimensional. Watching them desperately try to break down FC was pretty frustrating.

toomevara wrote: »
    Anyone catch the FC/Wakey game?..dour, intelligence free affair. Wakey are just not what they were with Brough. Cooke hasn't settled thus far and with the notable exception of the excellent Obst pretty one dimensional. Watching them desperately try to break down FC was pretty frustrating.

Poor, poor match.

• Advertisement

Bad luck today toom. Saints looked fairly good second half

Bad luck today toom. Saints looked fairly good second half

Saints took us apart, we couldn't live with them and the pace they played the game. Maguire had a nightmare, Diskin was poor. I'm not convinced at all by Delaney and Bush is trying hard but he's not yet at super league level for me. Discipline was absolutely appalling and we just couldn't get our hands on the ball for large parts of the game. Burrow also continues to struggle to find any sustained form and there were times when we just ran out of ideas in the Saints twenty. If Bluey had any hair left it would have fallen out yesterday. Not good.

The pack was weak with Saints making huge inroads up the middle of the park early in the set. The fact that the final score could have been a lot closer had we got the rub of the green here and there is all the more bewildering. Cant believe Saints didn't put a half century on us and the only comfort I'd take from the game is the fact that Leeds refused to fold and kept on dogging it out, but really Saints were a level above us yesterday.

Enjoyed the match hugely. Saints just seemed so much stronger through the middle and some of the handling out wide was unreal.

Wonder if Catalans can follow Harlequins' upset this weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Thumping 40-4 win for Bradford. Really hope we've turned a corner but I can only see us making the play offs and doing little else.

Good weekend in the SportGuru for me. :pac:

Bradford are odd, maybe one in six games they look like they could beat anyone, but it does seem to be completely random as to when they hit form.
    Not looking good in the South of France.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

toomevara wrote: »
    Great stuff Doofer, and don't listen to the "Wigan were decimated by injuries" guff..there was a pretty decent warriors outfit on the track tonight and at home to boot. Personally, from a leeds point of view I can never decide who I prefer beating most Wigan or Saints....enjoy!

Wakey are dire at the moment. They have lost their way completely, confidence and morale is at rock-bottom and the fans are totally disgruntled.

This season is going to be a real slog after showing so much promise early on. Ah well, same old same old:(.

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    This season is going to be a real slog after showing so much promise early on. Ah well, same old same old:(.

So true, very,very disappointing....

Advertisement