Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Saturday Spin, 24th April

• 23-04-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Who's in?

9.30 Dundrum, heading somewhere... :)

-Pinky's back baby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Back to the old school...proper start time, no messing about. I'm sure mvt will join you, he's been bemoaning the demise of the traditional saturday spin.

Sadly, I can't make it but good to see you back in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'll be out and about somewhere in Wicklow on Sat with a couple of buddies. What route are yis thinking of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    I'll be out and about somewhere in Wicklow on Sat with a couple of buddies. What route are yis thinking of?

Not 100% sure yet, possibly up by Johnny Foxes and onto Glencree way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this happening?

TE - if it is I'll head up to Dundrum with you (presuming you're still in the D8 neck of the woods)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

may I tag along ????.....tag being the operative word :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Tiny, might be up for this but just fit a new saddle and don't want to be stopping you guys every few minutes to adjust it. I'll text in the morning either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I will probably join along too but I feel like a bit of hill pain tomorrow so might drive on on my own later on

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I will probably join along too but I feel like a bit of hill pain tomorrow so might drive on on my own later on

...now I'm out. I kid!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    ...now I'm out. I kid!

I know you're jokin, at your weight you are a defo closet hill fan

I know you're jokin, at your weight you are a defo closet hill fan

I think tomorrow will definitely be in "recovery spin" territory, I'm still tired after thursday. What hills were you thinking of attacking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

After long evening at wine tasting, may be up for this. However feeling full of 'vim' or something so might manage to turn up. If I do will be on for whatever is going. See you there or else zedding until 12:00......Where were you guys at the Hollywood 30o0km by the way...?

where was everyone this fine morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I span up through Rathfarnham, Glencree, Sally Gap, Manor Kilbride, Kilteel, Newcastle and back in the Strawberry Beds. 85km.

where was everyone this fine morning?

Sorry, weather was perfect but didn't feel up to it this morning. Are you going out again tomorrow?

No worries, myself and another boardsie (who's boards name I don't know) showed.
    So we spun out Johnny Foxes , Enniskerry, Roundwood, Sally Gap. We parted there and I came back via Stockin glane.

Lots out on the road. I think I spotted levitronix on the Roundwood road. Passed Raam on the "resurfaced" road down from Luggalla (btw the road is in sh1t). Recognised him too late to stop for a chat. Met Patrick from Orwell at Sally Gap and rode back with a German Phd student from UCD. A good spin and very social :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Is that the bit where it goes from nice surface to gravel? I was desperately trying to shed speed there before I hit the gravel. It's very fast leading up to that point.

145km for me. Bohernabreena, Sally Gap (from Kilbride), Lugalla, Laragh, Glenmacnass, Sally Gap, Stocking Lane.

Totally wrecked now.

yeah that was it. You were focusing on the gravel all right ;) I was going incognito in my Antibes club kit. Long day in the saddle there!

Might go out tomorrow morning. Will see later. Must check my new favourite website
    EDIT: It's lookin good for an early spin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

No worries, myself and another boardsie (who's boards name I don't know) showed.
    So we spun out Johnny Foxes , Enniskerry, Roundwood, Sally Gap. We parted there and I came back via Stockin glane.

Lots out on the road. I think I spotted levitronix on the Roundwood road. Passed Raam on the "resurfaced" road down from Luggalla (btw the road is in sh1t). Recognised him too late to stop for a chat. Met Patrick from Orwell at Sally Gap and rode back with a German Phd student from UCD. A good spin and very social :)
    That was me Diarmuid (name is Neal) - enjoyed that - cheers for the spin. After Sally Gap I went back over to Roundwood, then on to Ashford, and back through Bray then town then home. 121kms in total, 4:50 hrs, fairly zapped now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Meet up with Peter (an Orwell semi-limit rider). Nice guy and cycled back some of the way with him. He mentioned he messed up some bags Thursday night?

Saw another Orwell/Boardie? as I was heading to Blessington and pretty sure I passed some boardies as they made there way around tha hills by the lakes. Hello all.:)

Advertisement