Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bioshock

• 23-04-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Just picked up Bioshock 2 in the Gamestop €5 deal but I havn't played the first one yet and was wondering would I be clueless as to what's going on and missing out on loads if I dived straight into 2?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just picked up Bioshock 2 in the Gamestop €5 deal but I havn't played the first one yet and was wondering would I be clueless as to what's going on and missing out on loads if I dived straight into 2?

For the love of god don't do it man. :D.

You certainly could play and finish it, but I think that you would miss out on much of the backstory of Rapture and also you could not really put numerous references to the plot and charachters of BS1 into context.

Plus while BS2 is a very good game and makes improvement in terms of gameplay, controls etc, BS1 is a far superior gaming experience overall IMO.

Pick up a cheap copy of the first one, and don't rush through it just so you can play BS2. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd agree. I'm just playing through the second one now, it's a very good game. But the first one is so good at building the environment and the history of the city of Rapture, it'd be well worth playing it first.

It should be really cheap nowadays, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Buy the first one for 5 - 10 quid second hand, play it, love it, then try 2. You wouldnt have a ****ing clue whats going on in 2 otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

im playing the 2nd one atm but its so long since I played the 1st one that I cant really remember the story too well, and im still enjoying the 2nd one.

Its a fantastic game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You lucky dog, as soon as I finished the 1st one I wanted a 2nd one and had to wait 2 years :(. You have the chance to play them both as one big epic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Gotta play Bioshock 1 first. You can get it for about €20 new on Play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 18 king egor

yes

Advertisement