Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever heard of Lullaby Milk??

Options
  • 23-04-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm new to Boards.ie and this is my first post!
    Has anyone ever heard of Lullaby Milk? My 1 year old refuses to sleep throught the night and the PHN told me about this.
    Apparently the cows are milked early in the morning when they are still sleepy so the levels of melatonin are higher!
    Could this possibly work??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i've seen the night-time milk in the supermarket...supervalu i think.. but i'm not sure if its just a heavier formula..
    anything that can get them through the night is always worth a try:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Has anyone ever heard of Lullaby Milk? My 1 year old refuses to sleep throught the night and the PHN told me about this.
    Apparently the cows are milked early in the morning when they are still sleepy so the levels of melatonin are higher!

I haven't heard of it but it does conjure up some funny images!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm pretty sure it's just a heavier formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A quick google brough this up...

http://www.ardrahancheese.ie/lullaby.htm

So it's actual milk not formula. How interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

What about those bedtime cereal things? DS isn't eating properly at the moment due to teeth and reflux. He's waking around 4am when he was going through the night. Was thinking of giving those bedtime cereal thingys a try?

What about those bedtime cereal things? DS isn't eating properly at the moment due to teeth and reflux. He's waking around 4am when he was going through the night. Was thinking of giving those bedtime cereal thingys a try?

Does he have a bath before bed? Maybe those bedtime baths with lavender? I have some massage oil that has a hint of lavender in it that seems to quieten my fella a bit.

Ya Das Kitty, he gets a bath every night before bed. I tried the Lavender stuff for a week but after that he started getting excema so I stopped and it cleared up again so not too keen to go back there.
    Am thinking we might have to go down the controlled crying route. He has had an ear infection and cut his first two teeth in the last 3/4 weeks so is used to waking now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

maybe if you tried the bath with just the olatium (sp) junior or silicocks base to massage onto him after.. ben has really dry skin(feeding issues) and i only used soap once in his bath and his little legs and arms got so dry and red.. don't use baby oil if baba's skin is dry... it's too thick for the baby skin to absorb it properly and most of it just gets rubbed off..so i was told by the PHN.. i have to say the silicocks base is brilliant although it doesn't really melt in the bath but he enjoys when i rub it in cos it tickles..:D
    the night-time food is 'cow and gate night time ' but it is only a thicker feed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The nighttime milks are just thicker feeds to bulk them up more (the more full the baby is the more they will sleep, supposedly!) and the nighttime cereals just have lemon balm in them, helps calm them more..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

I heard an interview with the owner of that dairy on the newstalk with tom dunne or moncrief I think. It is thicker and richer in vitamins due to time of the milking process, because its done before daylight hours. It sounded a bit far fetched to me but apparently true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'd say the effects, if any, would be negligible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i heard about that milk ages ago and could never find it near me, i tried the night time sleepy formula, but as my little boy was breastfed he wouldnt go near the stuff.

i think routine is the only thing that reallly works, doesnt have to be anything too stressful as long as its exactly the same every night.
    some people say a bath , story, bed.. but i never have the patience for a story every night (!) and definitely dont have a bath every night ( not recommended anyway for babies every day) .
    my routine is always wash face+ teeth, get pjs on, always give him a teddy he likes in one arm, his bottle in the other, id tuck him in, kiss, cuddle, nite nite etc, always in the same order, just really monotonous, and it works for us, if i forget one part he reminds me now!

i didnt try controlled crying, but i found the baby whisperer books helpful, and the no cry sleep solution by elizabeth pantley, id have a flick thru now and then to freshen up my ideas. mind you, everyones different! my 'baby' is 3 now and hes only just in his room in his own bed, he was in mine and breastfeeding just before xmas, so we kinda took things at a very slow pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

My sister tried the hipp night time milk and didn't find a difference. She's cut him back from the bottle and upped his solids intake throughout the day and finds he's sleeping better.

With us, white noise is the key. He basically sleeps listening to a detuned radio. Hope you get some rest soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Thanks everyone for the responses.
    I had seen the website on Lullaby Milk and the PHN told me about it but I tried 5 supermarkets for it and none of them stock it. It says on the website that Dunnes and Supervalu stock it nationwide but I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Anyway, we finally gave in over the weekend and tried controlled crying.
    It was really tough but worth it in the end. We had tried everything else - bath, stories, lavendar oil etc, but we always ended up have a two hour battle at 3am!
    Fingers crossed for a future of blissful sleep for all.

Also, the bedtime cereal is Banana Bedtime (or Fruity Bedtime) by Milupa. It has lemon balm in it and our little man loves it, but I'm not sure it made any difference to his sleep!

Thanks everyone for the responses.
    I had seen the website on Lullaby Milk and the PHN told me about it but I tried 5 supermarkets for it and none of them stock it. It says on the website that Dunnes and Supervalu stock it nationwide but I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Anyway, we finally gave in over the weekend and tried controlled crying.
    It was really tough but worth it in the end. We had tried everything else - bath, stories, lavendar oil etc, but we always ended up have a two hour battle at 3am!
    Fingers crossed for a future of blissful sleep for all.

Also, the bedtime cereal is Banana Bedtime (or Fruity Bedtime) by Milupa. It has lemon balm in it and our little man loves it, but I'm not sure it made any difference to his sleep!

How did you get on with the controlled crying?

We also did this on Saturday night with our son and he slept all night last night so hoping it's all over now.

Hi Gowayouttadat (love the name by the way!)
    We tried the controlled crying on Thurs night and it was awful but only lasted 40 mins in the end.
    Friday night, he went to sleep very late (after 10pm) but slept solidy all night.
    Saturday night, we had to do the controlled crying again, but it only lasted 20 minutes.
    Last night, I made the mistake of going back in when he wasn't crying and he was almost asleep - this just woke him again and we ended up going back and forth for almost an hour.

Moral of the story??? Leave well enough alone!! If he's not crying, stay where you are!
    Good luck - may we all have many sleep filled nights ahead!

Hi Gowayouttadat (love the name by the way!)
    We tried the controlled crying on Thurs night and it was awful but only lasted 40 mins in the end.
    Friday night, he went to sleep very late (after 10pm) but slept solidy all night.
    Saturday night, we had to do the controlled crying again, but it only lasted 20 minutes.
    Last night, I made the mistake of going back in when he wasn't crying and he was almost asleep - this just woke him again and we ended up going back and forth for almost an hour.

Moral of the story??? Leave well enough alone!! If he's not crying, stay where you are!
    Good luck - may we all have many sleep filled nights ahead!

Haha I know what you mean! It's so hard to know whether to go in or not! Hopefully it'll get easier for you.
    We have been fine here since Sat night but my son slept in the car quite late this afternoon so I'd say he could wake during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭neeb

If the lullaby milk worked then the breastmilk my daughter gets at 3am would make her sleep for the rest of the night!!!!

neeb wrote: »
    If the lullaby milk worked then the breastmilk my daughter gets at 3am would make her sleep for the rest of the night!!!!
    Ha Ha - point taken Neeb!

Controlled crying has worked ok but we're not 100% there yet!
    Still, we're heading in the right direction. He's still waking but not crying and just wanting a drink of water. I need to get a beaker that doesn't leak and then I can leave it with him and he can sort himself out at 2am, 4am and 6am!!
    Roll on the bank holiday!!

• Advertisement

Oh my God - it finally happened. He slept the whole night through last night - from 8.15pm to 6.45am this morning. I cannot believe it. I don;t want to get complacent and think that this will continue forever, but just one full night of sleep has made me feel like a new woman!! Controlled crying - although it's tough - it's the only way to go. He only actually cried for one night!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there,

I have used Lullaby Milk for some time as my daughter was a terrible sleeper and found myself up at all hours in the morning. I tried everything from stories before bed to Johnsons baby lavander baths to controlled crying (i found this really hard)..... all of the above failed. When I heard about Lullaby Milk I enquired in my local stores and eventually got them to order the product for me in my local supervalu. It really did work wonders It has been an instant success with her and has done wonders for her sleeping pattern. Now the bedtime routine is much easier now her sleep has improved and no interuptions. I am thrilled to have found such a beneficial milk to give my daughter at bed time.

Thanks Winniebug - glad you found something that worked for you. Nothing is worse than the sleepless nights. My original post was thirteen months ago so thankfully we've managed to train him to sleep at this stage! :D
    Controlled crying did the job for us - it was tough but a few nights later, life was bliss!

Advertisement