Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jersey Tans.

• 23-04-2010 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any jerseys around that let UV through? So I dont have these farmer style tan lines?

Its so unfashionable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Farming and cycling have a long history of association. Doesn't Sean Kelly breed donkeys?

In any case, a prominent line where one's kit ends and where one's deep tan begins is essential to one's image. The tan shall reflect the level of training commitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It can also help us identify fellow cyclists when out of our natural habitats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Here's an uneccessary photo of cyclist tan:
    ArmstrongMedical.jpg

Sorry to anyone who's just had breakfast :rolleyes:

Wear it with pride :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Raam wrote: »
    It can also help us identify fellow cyclists when out of our natural habitats.

I snapped this pic in that nightclub after the ROK last year. Raam is the one on the right.

legs-300x225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I feel sick...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen wrote: »
    I snapped this pic in that nightclub after the ROK last year. Raam is the one on the right.

legs-300x225.jpg

Person in the middle has fantastic legs. They look like mine except for the tan. As soon as I get a tan (hopefully next week), the hair has to come off.
    My wife has even recommended two beauticians to do the wax. Can't wait:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ROK ON wrote: »
    My wife has even recommended two beuticiians to do the wax. Can't wait:D

Wax? I thought you were a culchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yeah, just pull it out by the roots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Nope. I am a city boy, but have moved to the country. Sort of like "To the manor born." I may even end up wearing a barbour jacket, drving a battered land rover jeep and taking the setters out hunting.;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Soon you'll be the only person round here sporting "Kilkenny leg warmers".

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Soon you'll be the only person round here sporting "Kilkenny leg warmers".

EDIT: Durrrr, I was a bit slow on the uptake there, durrrrrrrr!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Jumpy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any jerseys around that let UV through? So I dont have these farmer style tan lines?

Its so unfashionable.

Skin cancer is so hot right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

5. A prominent line where one’s kit ends and where one’s deep tan begins is essential to one's image. Artificial tanning is BANNED. The tan shall reflect the level of training commitment.

Taken from the Euro rules which are just a bit of a laugh, really they are......... kinda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

ROK ON wrote: »
    Person in the middle has fantastic legs. They look like mine except for the tan. As soon as I get a tan (hopefully next week), the hair has to come off.
    My wife has even recommended two beauticians to do the wax. Can't wait:D

FYI you tan a lot easier without the hair - I reckon my usual pelt is worth at least spf 20 - so if you think the legs might get some sun, get rid of the hair first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Morgan wrote: »
    Skin cancer is so hot right now.

Im part aboriginal, for some reason I dont burn very easily. Im still as pasty as a GAA player though. The colouring wasnt part of my inheritance.

Plus as an aussie, I think I am destined to get skin cancer at some stage in my life anyway.

Anyway, I found one.

p_2270832.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Farming and cycling have a long history of association.

This is true, aren't jerseys named after a breed of cow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

tanLines-742425.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

I have to say in over 8 years of scuba diving in Ireland I've yet to get a tan line like that through me drysuit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

feet_river_rat.JPG

Guess who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wait, Shimano sandals dont have that pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

legs-300x225.jpg

Where do you find this stuff !!!! too funny for words

Advertisement