Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling benefits

• 23-04-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Yay I got a full time job! Anyways enough about that for now. How do I go about telling mr. social welfare I don't need em anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

congo_90 wrote: »
    Yay I got a full time job! Anyways enough about that for now. How do I go about telling mr. social welfare I don't need em anymore?

Just call them, nice one on the Job.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just give them a ring. It's what I did and it was fine.

SNAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lola84

Just give them a buzz and good luck with the job!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Well done you! Enjoy the weekend. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Once a person returned to employment they had to inform the Local Social Welfare Office. Most people would do this over the phone due to working hours.

Recently this has turned into a major problem for anyone lucky enough to return to work in these times. Due to the high numbers of applicants, less time is spent answering phones in the local social welfare offices. Combine this with a telephone system that has been confirmed to be problematic lately, leaves no efficient way for a person to sign off the dole.

This has been noted by the department and the have recently launched a new system where a person can sign off the dole on the welfare.ie website.

To do this go to www.welfare.ie Contact us, Social Welfare Local & Branch Offices, Choose you local office and on the right hand side choose “Close my Jobseekers Claim”. Enter your information & your case will be closed.

http://techfeen.com/signing-off-the-dole/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Thanks to all. Especially shifty. I'm on mobile at the moment but will thank you all properly later when i get home. Would love to enjoy my weekend as its also my birthday weekend but i'm working :) anyways thanks for the swift replies. Hopefully i won't be on the dole ever again!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mohenley

hi

can anyone advise how long the final payment takes (cheque) when you sign off online? I signed off online as could not get through to Newbridge on the phone. That was 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing. I have been trying to call everyday to verify that i have signed off but cannot get through (either busy tone or disconnects after ringing for 5 minutes) so I am concerned that maybe the online sign off has not worked!

Advertisement