Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible new phones on 3

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any information on any new phones coming with 3.
    Am due an upgrade and would like to get a HTC Legend/Desire and don't want to change from 3. Anybody know if 3 has any plans to release these phones, or will I have to change to Meteor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

3 are going to be releasing the nokia n900 sometime in june along with a few other handset,they also have the iphone availble for customers upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

e72 is supposedly comming next month as well - according to their customer service reps

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

are there any rumors about androids?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

They must be planning on releasing new android phones as they have added an option the filter on Android on their available mobiles web page (see http://www.three.ie/shop/mobiles.htm). This wasn't there last week.

Three now have a twitter feed http://www.twitter.com/3online where they announce new phones (e.g. the Nokia X6 a few days ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

If it's android you are after rather than a particular phone, I got a samsung spica as an upgrade this week. so far I love it.

just a tip as well after my experience; rather than ring for an upgrade, ring their cancellation line. I told them I wanted to cancel my subscription in December. They gave me 2 months free line rental on the spot so that I could think abou it in that time. I rang them back to 'cancel' at the end of that and they gave me 15% off my bill for the year, they doubled my minutes from 150 to 300 and they gave me the spica for free when it should cost 49quid on my plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

If it's android you are after rather than a particular phone, I got a samsung spica as an upgrade this week. so far I love it.

just a tip as well after my experience; rather than ring for an upgrade, ring their cancellation line. I told them I wanted to cancel my subscription in December. They gave me 2 months free line rental on the spot so that I could think abou it in that time. I rang them back to 'cancel' at the end of that and they gave me 15% off my bill for the year, they doubled my minutes from 150 to 300 and they gave me the spica for free when it should cost 49quid on my plan.

Thats not bad at all. I rang them anyway, and apparently the HTC Desire will be available next month. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Thats not bad at all. I rang them anyway, and apparently the HTC Desire will be available next month. Fingers crossed

That'd be friggin awesome. Might give them a ring myself and see if i can wrangle a deal like JackR did!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

the iphone is coming out on 3 over the next few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Samsung Wave and HTC Desire is on their site as coming soon. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is out week commencing 10th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Walkman wrote: »
    Samsung Wave and HTC Desire is on their site as coming soon. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is out week commencing 10th

Finally a few decent handsets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Samsung Wave,HTC Desire, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Sony Ericsson X10 mini, Sony Ericsson mini pro, Nokia E52, Nokia 6700 Slide & Apple Iphone (general release June),

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Don't forget the Blackberry 9700, Nokia E72, Nokia C5 and HTC Buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Walkman wrote: »
    Don't forget the Blackberry 9700, Nokia E72, Nokia C5 and HTC Buzz

Any time frame for these? June as mentioned above?

Oh any new Sony phones with buttons?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

any one know will htc hd2 will come to hands of three?

No new Sony's planned (not touch screen)
    Ill hunt down release dates tomorrow for you. (this month see's the X10)

@ evolutionqy7
    They havent announced it in terms of their plans to stock this handset in the immediate future

hmmm used to be a time when they had all the coolest phones available...now walked into their shop today and was very disappointed! i think 3 is on their way down...their failing to meet quality of service and innovation in their technology...the only selling point is best of both...

im not too sure on that.

3's problem is that they must test the handsets for 3-6 months on the network first from what I was told.

I think they are picking up from whats on the list. But at the same time Manufacturers have slowed down on the release of high end phones so if they only take on 3-4 of the cool new phones there can be a number of week's or month's between the release dates

mooneyd wrote: »
    No new Sony's planned (not touch screen)
    Ill hunt down release dates tomorrow for you. (this month see's the X10)

@ evolutionqy7
    They havent announced it in terms of their plans to stock this handset in the immediate future

Thanks Mooneyd

Will have a look at the X10, one of them has a keyboard from what I remember?

i was looking at the x10 and its a bit sluggish...when the phone needs to open up something it turns the screen off for a sec and turns it on when the thing has loaded...what a way to hide hardware problems :)

i was looking at the x10 and its a bit sluggish...when the phone needs to open up something it turns the screen off for a sec and turns it on when the thing has loaded...what a way to hide hardware problems :)

Jaysus,

That doesn't sound good!

I see its listed now as coming soon on Three

http://www.three.ie/shop/sony-ericsson-x10-black-relax-950.htm

• Advertisement

I have had an x10 for some time now. And iv never had that and i have huge lists of apps amd widgets running. And the phone runs perfect.

The x10 is out on the 10th by the way.

well even the reviews i look at said the same so :) thats why i decided to get the HD2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

well even the reviews i look at said the same so :) thats why i decided to get the HD2
    Windows Mobile over Android for speed and stability?

What? :D

But will windows mobile catch on as well as android?

well hd2 will never be called slow or slugish :) ask any preson and they will tell you its the fastest phone out there :)

Never had an adroid or a windows phone :) so its a first for me :) i know theres more apps for andriods but hopefully when windows mobile 7 comes out it will attract some new developers :) im not too bothered about it tbh :)

facebook email internet music gps and divx support and im not complaining :) especialy with that 4'3" screen :P

about sony erricson im scared to buy one :)

I remember when k800 came out and i bought it the same week it came out :) my phone basicly fell appart and disolved :) had the E51 then 5800 and now N97 now and both of them still sturdy and standing :P :D

Really? I always preffered SE build quality.
    Just got bored of the old os. once the satio came out with symbian 60

mmm was planning to get the satio when i bought the N97 but the the free gps and 32GB hard drive won my heart :) though the symbian is out dated compared to android and widows mo. cant wait for the day when you can choose the OS for your phone :D like on pc :)

I loved my satio, and now with google maps offering navigation satio has finally cought up A-gps wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

mooneyd wrote: »
    But will windows mobile catch on as well as android?
    Windows Mobile has been out for years, it's lost a lot of market share though ;)
    well hd2 will never be called slow or slugish :) ask any preson and they will tell you its the fastest phone out there :)
    You may not be saying that in a few weeks time as more and more applications get installed on the phone :D
    Never had an adroid or a windows phone :) so its a first for me :) i know theres more apps for andriods but hopefully when windows mobile 7 comes out it will attract some new developers :) im not too bothered about it tbh :)
    The HD2 isn't getting Windows Phone 7 (Not "officially" anyway ;))
    facebook email internet music gps and divx support and im not complaining :) especialy with that 4'3" screen :P
    I wish Android had DivX :(

• Advertisement

Windows Mobile has been out for years, it's lost a lot of market share though ;)
    yeah but the htc has adjusted the looks and ease of use of a windows mobile os which makes it easier to use now :) time will tell :) why do you think so many phone manufacturers have started bring out windows mobile so much?

You may not be saying that in a few weeks time as more and more applications get installed on the phone :D
    time will tell :) not much of an app freak :)
    The HD2 isn't getting Windows Phone 7 (Not "officially" anyway ;))
    well rumours tell that it might be :) still not sure should i wait for evo 4G but im afraid that if i wait the price tag will be too high for what im willing to spend :)
    I wish Android had DivX :(

hehe

Advertisement