Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Spin 25/4/2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Just Back. 115km door to door for me. TaxMan and I went back up SG and Glencree, the others went to the WW Gap.

Has anyone picked up my phone by accident in Larragh? ... I am phone less :(
    For those not sure ... the screen has a photo of ... myself on it ... It has saved me before, people know it's mine :P

Cheers

Hi ......couple of women from Sorrento found it on the table outside the hippy cafe they said they were going to hand it in to the shop... Hope you get it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Phone has been found in Laragh :) .. that'll teach me not to run after that poor cat ...

Sorry didnt read this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

90.8km door to door @21.8km/h for me.Boards Spin
    Great turn out today,one of the biggest I think I've been out with. Good to see the pink PX back out on the road,shame about the puncture though.
    Thought I had some decent climbing legs today and hit the first climb at speed but was soon passed by the real climbers. Some nice words of encouragement from niceonetom towards the top cheered me up.

Climb towards Kippure felt tough but found my legs again on Luggala but over all the past week was starting to catch up on me. Tired legs by Larragh had me opting for the easier route home up Glenmacnass across Sally Gap and down stocking lane with Caroline, where we had a much more relaxed pace which was quite enjoyable.
    I had a bad time over the Wicklow Gap last week and didn't want a repeat of it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A fun cycle indeed. I think I got 150km, which makes 295 for the weekend.
    The baguettes in the hippy shop just taste so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Raam wrote: »

That was a hippy shop!! and I had the carrot cake, it's no wonder I flew up Shay Elliott and Slive Maan after you guys left!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »

The hot chocolate and cake (particularly the choc/banana cake) are even nicer. However best to do that after doing SE/SM or Wicklow Gap, and not before - as I have often found out to my cost.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

120km for me, the first long spin I've had in Wicklow in months. Really enjoyed it, despite the odd drenching. Thanks to everyone who came out. With several people turning off at various points, I hope we didn't lose anyone along the way. Twas hard to keep track. Nice to see everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

My computer is broken so I don't know how far I went today, but using my suffering as a guide I would say about seven or eight thousand kilometres. Souter, I think you will find you were not the slowest in the group; I was trailing behind you. Great to see the boardsies though, and thanks to tonto for devising that sadistic hillfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

That was only savvidge. 110km, 1370m climbing. More o' this please. Thanks Tonto for the organising, great Caroline got her phone back. Never seen so many bikes in a pile in Laragh as today, also never seen oysters as a pit stop fuel either. Kudos.

35bxgkh.jpg
    whfdd2.jpg
    729lit.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

4554052648_f55e80b39b.jpg

Rflynnr, DirkVoodoo and Raam with the Boards team car in the background.

Advertisement