Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6ft9 or 7ft2 board?

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I've been surfing on/off for the last 3 years on a 7ft9 board. I haven't been surfing enough to justify getting a new board but I plan on getting a lot more home time in the North West over the coming year and I want to improve more on my surfing.

I was thinking that getting a 7ft board would be a good step up. I like the look of the Fourth Speed Fish surfboard on magicseaweed. http://store.magicseaweed.com/product.php?productId=4227 but unfortunately they don't seem to have that size and only have 6ft9 or 7ft2 in stock. I'm 14 stone in weight and 6ft tall myself. Is a 6ft9 board a step too far? Any other good boards around the 7ft mark worth considering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

I'm not an expert on a fish, but my buddy has one and they're sweet. Because of their width, you can actually go to quite a short length, I'm a similar weight to you and can surf his 6'3" fish no problem, so you could go even shorter than the 6'9".
    Might be worth getting in contact with the shaper to see what size they would recommend - I'd say they'd be happy enough to help.

Advertisement