Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

usable RAM

• 23-04-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

I took a look of my PC properties in Win7, and I was surprised to see that even though Win7 recognised the installed 3Gb of RAM, only 1.96Gb of RAM are usable.

Any idea of why this is happening? Could it be the onboard graphics card?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

Where are you seeing the "usable" figure?
    On the Task Manager there is:
    TOTAL
    CACHED
    AVAILABLE
    FREE

If you're worried about the "free" number, don't. The important number is not "free," but "available." The "available" memory includes both memory that is free, and memory that can be trivially made available.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pjuegos

thanks for your reply

I went to "My Computer"
    right click and select "Properties"
    In "system",it says "Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00Gb (1.96 Gb usable )

Thanks

Could it be that the MoBo does not accept the configuration of 2 modules of 2GB and 1gb each?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

type msconfig in run box, go to boot, advanced options, make sure that Maximum memory is untick. Also, do you have any onboard graphics with shared memory?
    111855.png

Thanks for your reply softdancomputer,

That suggestion made a lot of sense.

I have sorted the problem; the 2 RAM modules I have were installed in positions 1 and 2 in the MoBo. I have just moved the stick in position 2 to 3, and now the full 3Gb of RAM are recognised by Win7 with no usability message is displayed

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement