Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Hoegaarden

• 23-04-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

i was a hoegaarden man for many years. just couldn't beat it. then, it got beaten.

has anyone tried the scottish brew 'inis and gunn' oak aged beer? it rocks and in my mind is the new benchmark by which foreign beers are measured. i can't see it being sold as draught anywhere but if you come across it anywhere i'd recommend giving it a bash.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Yep, lovely beer. I got it in Sweeneys off licence ages ago and really enjoyed it, have been looking out for it and saw it today in Superquinn! €2.65 for a 330ml bottle, I got 6 of them! You won't find it on draught anywhere, be thankful the odd place has bottles of it. Never seen it in pub in bottles actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Sounds good ... must give it a go if I ever see it ... thanks for the tip.

Lovely beer, but very pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Franciscan Well in Cork have it in bottles. I picked up a couple of bottles in O'Donovans offie on Oliver Plunkett St in Cork and have also seen it in Fine Wines on Washington St. It's lovely stuff, all sorts of flavours going on, toffee and oak mostly. Mind you after downing a few of their 660ml bottles, you tend to be a bit wobbly on the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

dont like it at all!! Got that whiskey vibe going on...Not something i want in a beer!!

• Advertisement

It seems to be a love it or hate it kind of beer. Love it myself but my brother practically spat it out when I got him to try it :D

Advertisement