Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mag Wheels

• 23-04-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I would find a pair of 26 inch mag wheels for a mountain bike. Preferably somewhere in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

While plastic mtb wheels do exist they're extremely uncommon - I know of one company making them until recently and I don't even know if they're still going. They're also extremely heavy (up to twice the weight of a standard wheelset). Why do you want em?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭The_Seal

Cause i think they look bitchin. Im not looking for a performance bike or anything just really wanted a pair. Used to have some an an old bike i had but it was stolen on me. Most likely for my wheels, haha.

Ill have a look around the bike shops for them anyway. Might get a pair somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Would mag wheels not be magnesium wheels?
    I assume they're some sort of aerospoke looking contraption?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ah, mag wheels. Brings back happy memories.

This* was my "weapon of choice" aged 8 or so. Raleigh Burner with yellow mag wheels. It even had a speedometer fitted (maybe that's where it started?) and I frequently exceeded 10mph.

w86qeh.jpg

* not this actual photo, but it was just like this

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭The_Seal

I know you can get these for big boy bikes cause i've seen them. I would just like to know where, rather than trouncing around ever bike shop in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Lumen wrote: »

This* was my "weapon of choice" aged 8 or so. Raleigh Burner with yellow mag wheels. It even had a speedometer fitted (maybe that's where it started?) and I frequently exceeded 10mph.

w86qeh.jpg

I have one of these dismantled in the shed if you want the wheels off it... they aren't 29" wheels, but should do the job ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Lumen wrote: »

w86qeh.jpg

img_0114_copy0_lg.jpg

Had the Super Tuff myself.

Jesus I was a spoilt little sh1t:)

Advertisement