Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to rent a car from??

Options
  • 23-04-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

With full ins and excess reduced to zero..what comapnies would you recommend..gave a quick look and you're talking bout 600 for a week

Any thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

With full ins and excess reduced to zero..what comapnies would you recommend..gave a quick look and you're talking bout 600 for a week

Any thoughts??

That sounds extortionate for a car for a week.What companies did you get the quote from? Have a look at http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/
    You can get a car for about $250 for a week if you are in Sydney or Perth with your liability reduced to $50.
    or http://www.m2000car.com.au/ if you are in Brisbane, Sydney , Melbourne or Perth.

I've rented cars from both place are they are both pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Some companies only do in-state car rental. Others are interstate. I checked some of the main ones like Apollo, Budget, Hertz. The one thing I don't like is the whole thing about the excess. I wish they would just quote the prices including full insurance. Who wants to rent a car with an excess of 3 grand? Guess there is a market for it. Some of the sellers (the webjet of car rentals) only quote the basic price, if you want to reduce the excess to zero you have to get onto the company themselves.
    Adelaide seems to be about a 10hr drive so may look at other options.

P.S. Neither of above companies operate in Adelaide

Advertisement