Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur - K.O 12.45 - SKY SPORTS 1

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Vidic has been better than Evans imo. ANOTHER huge performance from the Serb. Scholes has yet again been outstanding.

yap the serbian was ****ing murdering spurs attack

one of the best CB's in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ragg wrote: »
    bale was ****e as usual....

Clueless.

Sounded like Harry picked the wrong team, and set them up wrong from the start.

King for Bassong made sense, but Palacios returning upset the team's left side and put a left-footer in at RB. Bentley needs width on the opposite side of the pitch to allow him space to play in, Modric always drifts in too central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I ****ing love Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Headshot wrote: »
    yap the serbian was ****ing murdering spurs attack

one of the best CB's in the world

No he is not....clearly past it and is a passenger in the utd team, isn't that right flah?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Great response to spurs getting it back to 1-1. Nani was superb towards the end. Great penalties from Giggs under pressure.

the great respone was harry putting crouch on and hitting 50yards long balls up to him IMO thats what changed the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Nani had a great game today, hopefully he can keep his form consistent next season like he has for the second half of this season..

Scholes had a great game as well as evans and vidic..

I think berbatov did well today considering he wasn't getting much to work with today..

Giggs was kack today except for the two penalties, which he took very well..

a special mention to dwight yorkes god awful suit, jaysus did he actually think he looked good when he left his house this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

United the one man team . .

What would we do without Nani . . . . . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good luck spurs

lol bitter bitter bitter.

You do realise that Liverpool still have a chance for 4th place, yes? Spurs would be one of the main rivals stopping Liverpool from taking that chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thank you United, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Thank you United, much appreciated.

Make that the last favour United ever do for ye Xavi!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Good going by United. Despite my screaming profanity at the screen, Nani's goal was pure sublime... What the fúck was Bale at tho??????

Berbatov is still proving that he is not "effortless" or "making it look easy" (as I have, for some reason, so often defended him for doing); he's just lazy, not bothered and has no confidence (which people can argue is not his fault; if he put in more effort, more people would have faith in him and he'd build confidence!)

Just knew Spurs would not be good enough. Just knew it...

Still... There remains hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I would love to know why Michael Carrick, the worst headerer of a ball ive ever seen, was marking Ledley King for the goal. Rediculous decision. Have said that he was used as leverage and even still Raf should have gone for it with his head.

Now COME ON YOU STOKE!

EDIT:

Hoddle: "It odd that both penalties were nailed on." True, but there was a Manchester United logo on the shirt of the fouled player therefor it will always be "controvertial".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Clueless.

King for Bassong made sense, but Palacios returning upset the team's left side and put a left-footer in at RB. Bentley needs width on the opposite side of the pitch to allow him space to play in, Modric always drifts in too central.

Bentley needs to be sold tbh. Absolutely cack.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Good going by United. Despite my screaming profanity at the screen, Nani's goal was pure sublime... What the fúck was Bale at tho??????

Berbatov is still proving that he is not "effortless" or "making it look easy" (as I have, for some reason, so often defended him for doing); he's just lazy, not bothered and has no confidence (which people can argue is not his fault; if he put in more effort, more people would have faith in him and he'd build confidence!)

Just knew Spurs would not be good enough. Just knew it...

Still... There remains hope!

I still hold hope for Berbs . . I feel a bit for him . . His confidence has been shattered by being dropped for big games and only really playing when rooney is unfit . . He was vital for the first goal (had he scored it, we would be raving) and sometimes that was the only thing ronaldo would do in a 90min match and he would get the plaudits . .

Kold wrote: »
    Bentley needs to be sold tbh. Absolutely cack.

He's really not Liam, we just need to build a team that plays to his strengths.

If the manager can't see that then maybe he needs to be moved on...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have to say I think Carrick is on the way out. This is crunch time for united and he has been dropped for what, last two three games?

And as much as king rode him up the shoulders, it was still poor : / Defending corners you expect to have someone on your shoulders and your taught to just step back into the attacker, as it puts their header of balance, and will make it look more of a foul.

He just looks like a player who knows his united career is coming to a close.

Good game today enjoyed the second half. The spurs full backs were attrocious. Its all well and good Bale having good offensive ability, but he had a job at left back and failed misrebly, Valencia had him torn apart all day long.

Valencia and Rafael put in another great shift and they really do look like such good signings that will be part of the trophy hunting machine for united.

Berbatov looked a bit better in form today and was good to see. He just looks to be lacking confidence, you can see when he misses chances he is very frustrated at himself because he knows he can score them. I'm hoping he gets another season at united cause I know he can deliver the goods.

Looked rocky for united there at 1-1 but they pulled it back typical united style and well deserved the win, very dominant throughout the match at times. Spurs offense looked weak until Defoe was withdrawn.

Looking forward to the chelsea game tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great result today. Was very worried when it went to 1-1. Personally I thought King's goal should have been disallowed as it looked like he used Carrick for support to make his header. Thought King had a terrific game though.

Have to hand it to Nani. I've been on his back before but he did the business today. Also great stuff from Giggs with the penalties. Exactly the kind of player you want in a pressure situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Did you see the game?

noodler wrote: »
    Did you see the game?

No, as I said earlier I listened to it on R5 as I dumped Sky Sprts about 2 years ago.

I'll reassess my comments when I see MOTD if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No, as I said earlier I listened to it on R5 as I dumped Sky Sprts about 2 years ago.

I'll reassess my comments when I see MOTD if required.

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Giggsy picked a good time to score his first ever goal from the spot in the Premier League :D

Reckon the cinema beside stampford bridge had a toilet invasion when Nani scored . . . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so barring any surprises, it's up to Liverpool to do Utd a favour.

excellent. :(

impressive result, i didn't see the game, but any reports i've seen and texts i've received said he was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It feels so good to be on top at the moment!

Did SS really need to show Evra puking? It was nasty!

Nani was having a good game but then had a great game when Valencia came off.

What a ball by Macheda to Nani though and a very egotistical finish by Nani. Loved it! He knows what he's capable off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mars bar wrote: »
    It feels so good to be on top at the moment!

Did SS really need to show Evra puking? It was nasty!

Nani was having a good game but then had a great game when Valencia came off.

What a ball by Macheda to Nani though and a very egotistical finish by Nani. Loved it! He knows what he's capable off.

Nani was puking at the end aswell I think. Must have been Fergusons tactics, slicken up the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ush1 wrote: »
    Nani was puking at the end aswell I think. Must have been Fergusons tactics, slicken up the pitch.

You might be onto something: Evra puked where Lennon would be, and Nani where Bale would be. Fergie succeeds in his mind games yet again.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ugh...god damn this game and the way it plays with your ****ed up loyalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

United know they have to go for broke so will attack Spurs from the start, therefore it will be a goalfest.

My bets;
    Berbatov to score & Dawson to be booked 7/2
    Utd 3-1 50/1
    Carrick to score 11/2

Come on . . .

well done sir

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Man that was nerve racking. After the first goal I knew Spurs would raise their game and pull it back. Fair play to Giggs for two very classy penos.

Berbatov had a tough time today against two centre backs having a great game. He still got us the first penalty with a lovely bit of skill so I suppose, overall, he did an ok job.
    Since Berbatov was being squeezed, the wide men were crucial for United. They won two penalties and scored a goal. Nani's finish was class and was a real stand up and be counted moment - fair play to him.

Scholes was quality all game. He ran the show for us.

So good to be on top of the table, at least for a little while! Chelsea are going to bottle one of their games, I just know it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

United know they have to go for broke so will attack Spurs from the start, therefore it will be a goalfest.

My bets;
    Berbatov to score & Dawson to be booked 7/2
    Utd 3-1 50/1
    Carrick to score 11/2

Come on . . .

lol you didn't get 50-1 on utd to win 3-1 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Just finished watching the highlights. Nani and Evra getting sick was strange. Didnt Nani have a dizzy spell before taking a corner a few weeks back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Just finished watching the highlights. Nani and Evra getting sick was strange. Didnt Nani have a dizzy spell before taking a corner a few weeks back?

Yeah that was against Bayern I believe. I think the commentator on Fox mentioned that there was a bug going through the club. Don't know how through that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I hope todays performance of Bale has put an end to the 20 million pound rumour. If we ever give Spurs another penny it'll be too soon. I'd give them money to take Michael Carrick back tho.

I'm gonna start putting money on Giggs to score when he is playing terrible. He always does it. I do be watching him give the ball away with every touch. Pulling out of any sort of tackle like a little girl. And then he scores the winner! :) He's brilliant at it. He never fails.

I think Macheda is gonna be deadly. He just looks really confident. You can see him calling for the ball and pointing and running at goal. I'd take Benzema at a reasonable price in the summer and if we could sell Berbatov for about the same money then it wouldn't feel like we're making a loss on the 30million if Benzema turns out to be great.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I hope todays performance of Bale has put an end to the 20 million pound rumour. If we ever give Spurs another penny it'll be too soon. I'd give them money to take Michael Carrick back tho.

I'm gonna start putting money on Giggs to score when he is playing terrible. He always does it. I do be watching him give the ball away with every touch. Pulling out of any sort of tackle like a little girl. And then he scores the winner! :) He's brilliant at it. He never fails.

I think Macheda is gonna be deadly. He just looks really confident. You can see him calling for the ball and pointing and running at goal. I'd take Benzema at a reasonable price in the summer and if we could sell Berbatov for about the same money then it wouldn't feel like we're making a loss on the 30million if Benzema turns out to be great.
    In all fairness, Bale did excellent last week. But as Trevor Steven (please shave) said he struggled today in a different position

In all fairness, Bale did excellent last week. But as Trevor Steven (please shave) said he struggled today in a different position

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I just wouldn't want to spend 20million on him. Not at a time when our transfer budget is a mystery. Don't think we need him either to be honest. We're grand in defense and he's not really an improvement on what we have. Rather spend the 20 million on Angel DiMaria or something.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I just wouldn't want to spend 20million on him. Not at a time when our transfer budget is a mystery. Don't think we need him either to be honest. We're grand in defense and he's not really an improvement on what we have. Rather spend the 20 million on Angel DiMaria or something.
    Still think United look a bit weak at times down the right hand side of defence.

The only issue I have with the Defense is the amount of time Rio Ferdinand spends injured. When everyone is fit I think we are the best defense around. John O'Shea will be our regular right back again.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I just wouldn't want to spend 20million on him. Not at a time when our transfer budget is a mystery. Don't think we need him either to be honest. We're grand in defense and he's not really an improvement on what we have.

Forgive me if I'm reading you wrong, but you seem convinced Bale is a LB. He cannot defend for toffee, it is on the left side of midfield that he excels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Forgive me if I'm reading you wrong, but you seem convinced Bale is a LB. He cannot defend for toffee, it is on the left side of midfield that he excels.

Agree but hopefully in time and with some coaching he can turn in to a left full you can rely on.At the moment I think you can only get away with playing him left back when at home, as you are on the front foot a lot more of the time which suits him.

Advertisement