Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major tornado outbreak possible in U.S 23-04-2010

Options
  • 23-04-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Todays outbreak will be covering a very large part of the High and Southern Plains and Gulf States, the high percentages of strong long lived tornados and very large hail could mean that as the day goes on we could see an upgrade to a high risk and i'd say definately a PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) by the Storm Prediction Centre (SPC),

this could be an epic chase day for storm chasers and home viewers and i do hope these storms stay out in open country and away from populated areas and people stay safe.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

ModerateRisk.png

WarningSPC.png

Charts and data available here

http://www.twisterdata.com/

Its quite out there now

GRlevelx20.png

Live streams for later this evening

http://www.severestudios.com/livechase

http://www.tornadovideos.net/live

http://www.chasertv.com/ (this site does'nt seem to work at all for me or my broadband connection but others might be more lucky) lots of chasers aswell

Enjoy :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

A Mesoscale Discussion at this hour of the day :eek:, this is going to be unreal for the rest of the day and evening

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0347.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks very promising alright. I'm sure the chasers will be out in force. Hopefully Tyler will be streaming with audio again, really enjoyed that last night.

Looks very promising alright. I'm sure the chasers will be out in force. Hopefully Tyler will be streaming with audio again, really enjoyed that last night.

Tylers from Pittsburg,Kansas thats S/E Kansas so i'm sure he'll be chasing the moderate risk area around Little Rock, Arkansas and i hope he has the audio running too, it's nice to have abit of commentary during the chase and to hear there excitement when they find a tornado :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

so chances are high for the TIV to take a direct hit(live),if in the right place :D

• Advertisement

delw wrote: »
    so chances are high for the TIV to take a direct hit(live),if in the right place :D

That would be very rare because both Sean Casey (TIV2) and Reed Timmer (DOMINATOR) are working on Discoverys Storm Chasers series right now and i'd say they'll want to protect their live footage for the show makers and probably disconnect the live feed just as they approach a tornado intercept :mad:,

thats just my opinion and theory, but i'm sure we'll all see plenty of tornados up as close as possible today from other chasers.

Should still be good viewing for the evening and if we have live audio feed from Tyler Constantini of SS or others it'll be all the better ;)

John2009 wrote: »
    That would be very rare because both Sean Casey (TIV2) and Reed Timmer (DOMINATOR) are working on Discoverys Storm Chasers series right now and i'd say they'll want to protect their live footage for the show makers and probably disconnect the live feed just as they approach a tornado intercept :mad:,

thats just my opinion and theory, but i'm sure we'll all see plenty of tornados up as close as possible today from other chasers.

Should still be good viewing for the evening and if we have live audio feed from Tyler Constantini of SS or others it'll be all the better ;)
    cheers john,never thought of dat,wont b following the tiv so,plenty of others to choose frm

Tornado Watch issued

Already? Going to be a busy evening I think...

Plains to Mississippi Valley Severe Storm, Tornado Threat Today

As a powerful storm system rolls onto the Plains today, dangerous severe storms will ignite across portions of the central and southern Plains and the Mississippi Valley. The storms can produce several tornadoes on top of other threats to lives and property.

Violent thunderstorms triggered by the same storm system already ravaged portions of the southern Plains. There were 32 tornado reports in eastern Colorado, western Kansas, and western Texas Thursday afternoon and evening.

400x266_04230947_threat423storms.jpg

Showers and locally severe thunderstorms will press eastward across the I-35 corridor of the central and southern Plains this morning. The storms will become more vigorous by the afternoon as they continue to spread eastward.

The battlegrounds for storms by the afternoon and evening will span communities from southeastern Nebraska and southern Illinois to eastern Texas and western Mississippi. Some cities at risk for severe storms include Kansas City, St. Louis, Little Rock, Shreveport, and Dallas.

The area with the highest risk for threatening storms and tornadoes is highlighted in the image above.

The danger from the storms should be taken very seriously. If a storm- or tornado-related warning is issued for your area, you should seek shelter immediately.

Any tornadoes that touch down from the severe storms in populated areas will pose a great risk to people and property in the way. There could be many tornadoes, and some may be very powerful and long-lived.

Hail larger than quarters will threaten to crack windshields of vehicles or injure people caught outside without shelter.

Damaging wind gusts over 60 mph will topple trees and litter some neighborhoods with debris. Houses and businesses could suffer serious damage.

Torrential downpours can also lead to flash flooding in some areas with subsequent road closures.

The heavy rain and spray from other vehicles will slow travel along many major interstates, including I-35, I-40, I-55, I-70, and I-80.

Major Texas Cities Included in Severe Threat Tonight

A second storm will develop over the southern Plains by tonight. Severe storms will be triggered farther to the southwest across central and western Texas overnight. Damaging winds will likely be the primary threat.

San Antonio and Austin could both be hammered by gusty thunderstorms at night. Dallas may also get hit by a second round of storms.

From Accuweather.com

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/30715/southern-plains-to-mississippi.asp

• Advertisement

Its going to be pretty serious alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is sean casey out there again this year?? thought he was finished with tornado ally

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is sean casey out there again this year?? thought he was finished with tornado ally

I haven't heard if Sean will be back for the next season.

The waiting and hunting for position begins

There's a good few chasers from SevereStudios heading towards the big risk area down in Arkansas/Louisiana so we have a good chance of seeing a big tornado later this evening :)

Big-Risk.png

Hope they have better luck avoiding the cops today. :pac:

Hope they have better luck avoiding the cops today. :pac:

:D

any1 seen any activity yet?

Tyler is in an area thats been Tornado Watched now (81). Looks like he is going to stay there and wait for the storms to get their act together.

Few hail reports in the states further south but its still early. Should get going in the next couple of hours.

Time for food now. :pac:

• Advertisement

Lots of storm chasers out there today, plenty of coverage everywhere

Down south at the high risk area

Downsouth.png

Up north where Tyler and alot of other chasers are based

Upnorth.png

1st tornado warning for the high risk area in western Missisippi

Warning1.png

Tornado warning for just north west of Little Rock Arkansas, SevereStudios have chasers close by

TW2.png

This chaser is near a storm with a reported tornado on the ground in Missisippi

http://www.chasertv.com/api/static_pages/lite/343_keith-fronk.php

Amazing structure

Storm33.png

Nice hook feature.

Nice hook feature.

Are you watching the stream i posted above from chasertv?

Are you watching the stream i posted above from chasertv?

Yep. Is that RFD?

Yea, he's on the back side of the storm, look fericious

• Advertisement

This is where he is

MS20.png

Advertisement