Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing Problem...

• 23-04-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

When ever i try to print a page this message pops up

"The paper size of page 1 is different from the printer page size. The paper size options you select on the Page Layout tab and the Printers Dialogue box (in the control panel) must match. Do you want to continue printing?"

How do i solve this problem.

If i hit yes and select to continue printing the lines on the page do not come out properly if you follow me??

HELP PLEASE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Would help to know what application you're printing from. ;)

Sounds like Ms Word though. Go in to File -> Page Setup. There should be an option there for layout and page size (in the tabs). I'm pretty sure that it's something other than A4 in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭macca1983

chin_grin wrote: »
    Would help to know what application you're printing from. ;)

Sounds like Ms Word though. Go in to File -> Page Setup. There should be an option there for layout and page size (in the tabs). I'm pretty sure that it's something other than A4 in there.

I am printing form Microsoft Word? I am just not sure what i need to do really??

macca1983 wrote: »
    I am printing form Microsoft Word? I am just not sure what i need to do really??

Huh? Ok what application are you printing from, is it microsoft word? (The question mark is after throwing me in your response!)

That error is because the first page of the document might be laid out differently than the rest.

So when you have the document open. Click on File -> Page Setup -> Layout (tab). The drop down on that should read "A4". If it doesn't select A4, click OK and try to print again.

Huh? Ok what application are you printing from, is it microsoft word? (The question mark is after throwing me in your response!)

That error is because the first page of the document might be laid out differently than the rest.

So when you have the document open. Click on File -> Page Setup -> Layout (tab). The drop down on that should read "A4". If it doesn't select A4, click OK and try to print again.

Oops! Yes i am printing from a Microsoft Office document!

I have the A4 part sorted now thank you!

However when i print, the sentences don't all finish exactly in line if you know what i mean??Does this make sense and how do i sort it? The alignment looks kind of off so to speak. Just looks very unprofessional.

macca1983 wrote: »
    Oops! Yes i am printing from a Microsoft Office document!

I have the A4 part sorted now thank you!

However when i print, the sentences don't all finish exactly in line if you know what i mean??Does this make sense and how do i sort it? The alignment looks kind of off so to speak. Just looks very unprofessional.

Well because you've changed the page size unfortunately you're going to have to sort that out the hard way! By editing it yourself. As in line by line, backspacing until it fits. Or pressing enter to bring the text to the next line.

• Advertisement

Well because you've changed the page size unfortunately you're going to have to sort that out the hard way! By editing it yourself. As in line by line, backspacing until it fits. Or pressing enter to bring the text to the next line.

That ain't working! When i bring back back a line or bring one forward(by pressing enter) the words just join up if you follow!

F*CK ME! I hate these little niggly problems!

Ah ok. Can you open up a new word file. Copy+paste the text in to that. Edit it and then paste it back in to the original file? Yeah it's a pain in the ar*e but I think it's the only way to get around this "jumbled" formatting problem.

Advertisement