Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem downloading 2010 update

Options
  • 23-04-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I have a Nuvi255W bought early last year and decided to order lifetime maps. When I download the manager does not launch when finished. Have downloaded and tried twice. After waiting an hour for the program to launch I exited the manager and tried to open/extract garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10 but all I get is a message saying "Only part of a readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory request was completed"

The file says its ca. 2.17G (3.35 extracted) The 2009_10 file still sitting there from the initial update goes to extract if I try to open it. Have messaged Garmin support but wondered if anyone here had any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭The_Rev

Hi Gramlab,
    I have a Garmin Nuvi 1390T which I purchased during the week. Trying to update the maps to the latest, and I too get the error message "Only part of a readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory request was completed" when I double click the downloaded .exe file.
    I must have downloaded the file 3-4 times now with the same error.
    Looks like you're not the only one getting this.
    I've sent a mail to Garmin, but that was a few days ago, still no reply.
    At 2.2GB per file, it's a lot of wasted downloading if you ask me.
    Let me know if you get a resolution to this.
    Rev.

p.s. the filename is "garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10.exe" also!

tried googling the filename garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10.exe
    looks like we're not the only ones...
    https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?p=36329

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Nice to know someone else has the same problem, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

Hopefully a response from Garmin might sort it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Having same problem .Took 24hrs to download file but i cant get it to the sat nav.

• Advertisement

Any joy with the update??

Have gotten onto them again but have got nothing back.

no joy for me.downloaded it 3 times,took 24 hrs each time but its still not transferring to sat nav.tried emailing them,no reply yet ,only 8 days left on my free update

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The_Rev wrote: »
    p.s. the filename is "garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10.exe" also!

I'm just downloading the latest maps as I type, and I notice the file name is now:
    garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10b.exe

I wonder is the "b" a patch to fix that problem you're having? Might be worth trying to download again.

thanks paulo.problem may be with satnav itself, keeps turning off and wont turn back on .had it back to halfords 3 times and in fairness they replaced it today.will wait for a few days and try to update again.cheers

Finally got it to download. Dont know why it worked this time but it did.

Now though it says its too big and I can only select certain maps!!!

Will use an SD card if I can figure out how to get them onto it and get unit to read them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I got the download fine but had problems running the exe which is around 3Gb. I'm using Vista on the machine. Kept clicking it and would get the hourglass/spinning O thing, then nothing. All the website says it that it could take 20 to 40 minutes on Vista or Win 7 before anything starts happening. :eek: Bit ridiculous in this day and age for an install process to be so primitive. I left it for over an hour and nothing.

Anyway eventually got it working by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

Also had the same problem with the map size. I just updated the Western Europe maps in the end.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Also had the same problem with the map size. I just updated the Western Europe maps in the end.

Maybe I'm just not techy minded but I'd love to know how I bought my 255W last year with full european mapping (on a 2gig card as far as I can figure) and the update is now 3.5gigs??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure exactly how Garmin do it. I know TomTom generally release 2 gig map versions & full versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

garmin_rmu_cneunt_2011_10b

This one works 100% :D

Advertisement