Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Broadband Maynooth

• 23-04-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

A couple of UPC door to door sales guys called to my house on Monday Offering fiber broadband + TV etc in my area (Maynooth) I said that I had checked a month before with UPC about getting broadband and that it was not available.
    Sales guy then said, look mate do you think they would send us door to door if UPC broadband was not available here? I agreed, just got call from sales man and today he says he was given wrong map etc......and surprise surprise no fiber broadband with UPC in my area….

Where these guys running some sort of Scam? Or is UPC really that bad of an organization?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

UPC is available in parts of Maynooth, could've been a simple mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Plex

Yea, could have been. Would have liked the 15mb package..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Not a scam, but typical of the major comms issues they have in that organisation. Yes, some issues to be expected with the UPCs take over, and merging of Chrous and NTL, but WOW, they have serious comms issues.

Anyway, UPC have been upgrading estates in Maynooth, Celbridge (and back towards Leixlip/Lucan) that weren't upgraded a few years ago. So, it's likely that an area marked as "to do" was marked as "done" by accident, or some similar mixup. Nothing untoward, I'd imagine!

Advertisement