Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foil Cupcake Cases

Options
  • 23-04-2010 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I have been having problems with the foil cases. The cake seems to come away from the foil case and looks messy but it never happens with the paper cases. What am i doing wrong? I use the same ingredients in both but always happens to the foiled cupcake cases.
    Please help wedding cupcakes to do soon. :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ok, this seems to be a common problem with cases that vary in some way from regular cases, I had it happen to me with some polka dot cases I have, they are slightly larger than the normal size and the paper was quiet hard. I've heard of others having this problem but no real reason why.

The two ways I've heard to avoid this are to use slightly deeper trays if you can, sometimes when the case is substantially taller than the tray is high then it isn't supported enough and the bun basically bakes narrower than the case will naturally sit, causing it to pull away when it is taken from tray. The other tip is to leave them in the tray until cooled, same kind of idea, that it will hold it's shape once the bun cools with it in that position.

The other thing I do myself is touch the top of the cases as little as possible once they're out, the more you move/touch/try to fix them the worse it gets, I only hold them by the base and I barely move them at all really, anything to avoid it!

If all else fails the only other option is to bake them in plain cases and then sit them into the foil ones when done, costly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ah flip, I just bought some of the lovely gold ones.
    I rekon as suggested, if you used plain white paper cases and then popped them in to the gold ones. Or remove them from the white paper cases once cooled and pop in the gold ones.

Or perhaps use a recipe that's more like a Bundt cake a more solid mixture or perhaps lightly coating the gold cases with icing sugar might help or flour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just on what you were saying there about taking them out of the plain cases and putting them into the foil ones after, I tried that and with mine anyway it didn't work at all because it was so obvious, the case just sat with a big empty space around the bun.

Advertisement