Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 5, Episode 4 - "The Time of Angels"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm wondering where the Doctor got his knowledge of these angels in the first place, since the last episode featuring them only featured the Doctor in a cameo role, and it was Sally Sparrow who had the lead - I wonder will she make a return in some form?

Obviously the most important thing about this episode is the return of River Song, and exactly what her relationship to the Doctor is, and whether she had manipulated him or whether (if everything she says is true) they were romantically involved and she is his wife or lover. You won't find out anything, I don't think, in this episode...but I do think that it will give you more hints and clues as to what could be coming up in the Doctor's life...she may even react differently upon seeing the Doctor with a different face...maybe this is the one she remembers so fondly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

*REALLY* looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

AHHHH! Want to watch them but don't want to spoil it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

why do I always make the mistake and think doctor who airs on friday???

I momentarily got very excited there and went to boot up bbc iplayer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Half of me can't wait and the other half is dreading it. I loved Blink and I don't want anything to spoil it. I love River Song, even if her episodes weren't great.

I don't know should I watch the clips or not :o Soooo tempting, but spoilers are bad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To be fair the clips aren't that spoilery, just a couple of talky scenes; the third one is hella creepy though, this could be a scary 'un :D

Bored. Thought I'd scare you all. Even a google image search freaks me out a bit. :eek:

Blink+stat+4.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

iUseVi wrote: »
    Bored. Thought I'd scare you all. Even a google image search freaks me out a bit. :eek:

Blink+stat+4.jpg

Think I went out with her.

Think I went out with her.

She looks a bit distressed. Bad break up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,051 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Haha! I loved when the Doctor
    made the TARDIS noise
    :p

• Advertisement

iUseVi wrote: »
    She looks a bit distressed. Bad break up?

I told her it wasn't me, it was the killing loads of people by displacing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Wow, just, wow. That was amazing! I don't think there was on bad thing about that episode...well the whole 'don't look into the eyes of an angel' thing confused me a bit since I'm pretty sure Sally Sparrow did without turning to stone but it looks like it'll be explained next week so I'll reserve judgement.

Speaking of next week, it looks like it's going to be just as good, if not better than this week.
    Wonder if the scene with the crack will be the end of the crack storyline or just a major development in it (if it's not the end than the OTT 'foreshadowing' annoys me even more.

So yeah, sorry that this post is basically just me going 'Oh my God it was ****ing brilliant, wooooooooow!!!11!11one' repeatedly and pointlessly but hey, at least it's shorter than normal. =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I'm about to head out so very short post, as above said!!!

Fcuking amazing. Cannot wait for next week. This is definitely one I'll be rewatching throughout the week!

Top quality.

The DooM is pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

excellent episode. Aliens. Cinematic quality. Matt Smith on fire. Amy and Dr Song on song. Brill

What is better than one angel? Lots of angels! Yay. Starting sequence with Song was awesome.

Actully I need to rewatch too. It's like the only time people want to talk to me is mid Dr Who :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Actully I need to rewatch too. It's like the only time people want to talk to me is mid Dr Who :(

same here, i had to throw stuff at people to stop them talking during the episode :(

easily the best episode of the new series so far, very aliensesque, james cameron would be proud

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Loved it!!!
    Hated BBC HD's jumpiness during it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Agreed, very good episode. Interested to see how it finishes, but I'm sure that since it's a Moffat episode we won't be disappointed.

Also nice that they'll notice the crack in the next episode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

If you are going to hunt statues, bring sledgehammers instead of guns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Harmsden

I like how the start of the episode is a continuation from last week's episode. Time has been altered and the Doctor visits a future museum to find out how much has been changed and how much is 'wrong'.

Nice riff on Ringu. It's possible to say it's a complete rip-off but the idea of creatures emerging from images is so old you'll have a tough time proving it.

Spooky plot with shades of Tomb of the Cybermen. Can't wait for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Time has been altered and the Doctor visits a future museum to find out how much has been changed and how much is 'wrong'.
    Really? I thought he was critiquing the curators.

I thought so too, although it'd be quite clever if the alternative was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Personally thought it was him looking to see how history had changed. I hope we find out sooner rather than later though! the lack of the Doctor investigeting that is rather inexpliciable!

Great episode though, definitely the best so far.

he was, cause one of the lines were *That's one of mine*

I didnt like the james bond esque river song opening, i perferred it when she's more chummy taking out her diary which she gets into later...but her being this sort of super slick woman doesnt work for me cause she looks like a history teacher (which I assume is the appeal for the doctor)

explanations are well paced in this and hopefully more will come cause there were a few points I was wondering why there were all this needless extra elements to the angels (the tv, breaking necks) when the original episode had it so simple yet brilliantly executed (the lack of time confusion ala blink is disapointing :( ) the timing though of the two heads revelation was great though, cause I had literally asked 30 seconds before hand the same question.

Overall a big improvement on last weeks but not moffet's strongest work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I HATE moving statues and Weeping Angels.

loved the episode, scared me back to childhood though, 'Ark in Space' scared which says a lot :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Somehow the two head thing never copped with me. Instead, I ended up thinking the revelation was going to be the fact that none of the other statues had eyes (harking back to their defeat in Blink).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I thought it was fairly good, but not in the same league as 'Blink'. It did not have the same scary edge, though Amy trapped in the trailer came close.
    I'd look forward to the next episode and to see how the Church Militant handles the gorgoyles.

• Advertisement

forgot about the church guys...had to say

Warhammer 40k fans must be thrilled to get such an obvious nod by doctor who...though clearly the budget couldnt afford big shoulder pads and chainsaw swords

Advertisement