Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish db restrictions after market exhausts

• 23-04-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi there... I am pretty noob'ish when it comes to Irish motor bike regulations. :D
    I plan to replace the stock exhaust of my Suzuki Intruder M800 with a US after market exhaust system. As I have already heard pretty noisy bikes in and around Cork I was wondering if there are any regulations, restrictions etc that I would have to watch out for / comply with?

No worries, I don't want the exhaust to be annoying, just have a nice deep tone and roar to it.

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

There aren't any AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

nothing enforced really, but if you've a particularly loud exhaust, better make sure its the only thing wrong you've got going on as its a beacon for cop attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 GauchoMarx

understood... everything else will be / should be in acceptable condition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

there are no reg's as kami said but there are the regular noise pollution laws between 11pm and 7am - so if someone doesn't like the noise they can complain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jameshayes wrote: »
    there are no reg's as kami said but there are the regular noise pollution laws between 11pm and 7am - so if someone doesn't like the noise they can complain...

But who can they complain to? The Gardaí don't bother and I doubt they'll reach a council's environmental officer at that time.

If you've a loud can take it easy in residential areas, especially at night, and you shouldn't have any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Maxav

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you've a loud can take it easy in residential areas, especially at night, and you shouldn't have any issues.

+1, I've twin Beowulf cans on a gsx14 (beautiful music!!!) but in town and especially at night short shifting keeps it "soulful":rolleyes:

Advertisement