Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you favourite pc-cases at the min

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

My 300 is actually in retirement at the moment, I actually cant wait to set it back up again!

I'd agree with the cut extra holes suggestion, I cut one in mine too

Toy'd with the idea of painting the insides too, but couldn't bring myself to it seeing as it has no side window!

Did you ever get around to doing the stealth drive massy? My Antec 900 has a big hole where my disc drive should be as there is no way im taking my stealth drive appart!

EDIT:
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Why the hell don't some of you people show off your silliness and Dremel Time powahs on Tweaking & Modding?? :confused: Doesn't have to be something super-elaborate! :p

When you see some of the stuff that goes on there the little crappy dremel cut outs really dont seem like they belong in the same forum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

Can't speak too much higher of the thermaltake V3. For 35 quid you get most of the functionality of the antec 300 but it looks slightly more funky with the small window, blue LED fan and all black interior. Cable management is a bit of an issue but too be fair, nearly all cases at this price are. It has decent airflow and temps and there loads of room to add extra fans if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Construction or DCG?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its very.... "industrial" oh dear :o

Ha, it's nothing compared to their earlier one- http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/cases/GMC/R4_Bulldozer/Index.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Gotta be my ATCS 840. It's lovely, I really like my old centurion 590 too though, that was a great midi tower and served me very well.(Shame I did it no favours cable management wise :o)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Hornd wrote: »
    Can't speak too much higher of the thermaltake V3. For 35 quid you get most of the functionality of the antec 300 but it looks slightly more funky with the small window, blue LED fan and all black interior. Cable management is a bit of an issue but too be fair, nearly all cases at this price are. It has decent airflow and temps and there loads of room to add extra fans if needed.

Now there's the Gamma for that... €35-40 for the same spec as a V3 plus full cable routing! :D
    Bus77II wrote: »
    Ha, it's nothing compared to their earlier one- http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/cases/GMC/R4_Bulldozer/Index.asp

Oh God... not that thing again! :eek: I remember that monstrosity from the last time it was here! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

@ Massey086 and Witnessmenow

What did you do re fan cotrollers? I ended up drilling a hole at the back of the case and superglue-ing them at the back panel, just above rear exhaust fan.

Massy, that's a tidy paint job. What spray paint did you use and where can it be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I never actually got as far as being bothered about those switches, The were accessible when the case was open, but not when closed.

I never got around to sorting out my front two fans properly, so they were running full whack all the time, so they were the loudest of my fans.

Advertisement