Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Music in Laois

Options
  • 23-04-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering if you could give me some pubs that play live music in Portlaoise, Portarlington and mountmellick, any style of music is fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Most Pubs in Port and Portlaoise has some for of music on a weekly basis
    Portarlington, what type of music woudl you like, might make it easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

PORTLAOISE:

Leathen

Square Bar

Habana

Delaneys

Kavanghs

All on the main street, always have live music on both weekends and sometimes mid-week

• Registered Users Posts: 12 benny1977

bazmaiden wrote: »
    PORTLAOISE:

Leathen

Square Bar

Habana

Delaneys

Kavanghs

All on the main street, always have live music on both weekends and sometimes mid-week
    Thanks, just what I'm looking for, I presume these are all in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

This bands one of the best up and coming bands at the minute and they are playing in Kavanagh's 4th of June.
    www.yescadets.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I would definetly recommend Letheans main street Portlaoise, Always great
    live music and a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kav28

Hi Benny,

This week in Kavanaghs we've got;
    Thurs - Mick Flannery, support from Honest Can
    Fri - Declan O'Rourke, support from Gary Dunne
    Sat - Mundy, support from Adela Mealy
    These are all part of the Mayday Mayday weekend in Kavanaghs and there are still some a few tickets left for each gig, tickets, priced €20, are available from Kavanaghs Pub.

We've got a good selection of gigs coming up over the next while, check out kavanaghsportlaoise.com for more info.

(Mod if you want me to remove this post just let me know)
    PJ Kavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

miss5 wrote: »
    I would definetly recommend Letheans main street Portlaoise, Always great
    live music and a good atmosphere.

It used to be the cool place to go, but I think the square bar has stole it's thunder, although saying i'm looking forward to when they open upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

benny1977 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you could give me some pubs that play live music in Portlaoise, Portarlington and mountmellick, any style of music is fine

Gogarty's, The Anvil Inn and the After Dark do live music in Portarlington... Its less frequent in the anvil than the other two.

Advertisement