Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats

Options
  • 23-04-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where would be a good place to get a cat/kitten in Limerick? the animal welfare place is a good bit away is there anywhere a bit more local? 80 quid for a cat is a bit pricey as well which is what they ask as a "donation".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Have you tried donedeal.ie?

There tends to be a lot of pets on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah most of those are purebred or expensive though, I wouldnt mind spending 50-60 quid , I just want a nice tabby cat or maybe a black one, nothing too fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Shur just skip to the inevitable conclusion - just start feeding someone else's cat so they hang around your yard more. Otherwise you'll just end up paying for an animal that will sell it's loyalty out to whatever neighbour will feed it...

Only messing, just don't like cats.
    What do you get from the shelter your 80 hard earned euros? All it's shots done and spayed/neutered?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

langdang wrote: »
    Shur just skip to the inevitable conclusion - just start feeding someone else's cat so they hang around your yard more. Otherwise you'll just end up paying for an animal that will sell it's loyalty out to whatever neighbour will feed it...

Only messing, just don't like cats.
    What do you get from the shelter your 80 hard earned euros? All it's shots done and spayed/neutered?

Yep the 80 euro goes towards all shots needed, getting the cat spayed/neutured and any other veterinary care needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

look in the post or something local for something to just pick up

but to be honest, €80 to have cat vacinated, spayed, etc.. is pretty good. You could pay €50 on one and still have to pay all that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Limerick animal welfare is a great organisation and do trojan work in the county and surrounding areas. €80 is nothing for a spay and all the vacs. If you buy your cat from them you'll be helping the sanctuary out and giving an abandoned cat a chance at a good life. Like a previous poster said if you buy a cat elsewhere, you'll still have to get the vacs done and an average trip to the vet will cost €50 while a neuter/spay will cost you anything up to €150. Do the right thing and rescue a cat, its good karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

80euro for a good cause sounds like a good deal if the animal is coming with all that done, if you picked up a cat for free you're still going to have to get shots done and get it the snip (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I might know someone who would give you a kitten, I got my cat from them last year and he is fine and healthy. :cool:

Cool what kind of kitten?

Not too sure I got a gorgeous ginger little fella but think this litter are black or black and white.. Ill find out if you are interested. Dont think they are 13 weeks yet though.

• Advertisement

These are on donedeal.ie for sale in Limerick ..... 800euros :eek:
    Are pretty cute tho :)

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=2906734&ad=1258695

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Those are lovely looking ragdoll kittens. They will be big cats when grown, but €800??

Crazy price if for just one. They average £200 to £350 a kitten in the UK so €800 a kitten is a total rip off.

Not too sure I got a gorgeous ginger little fella but think this litter are black or black and white.. Ill find out if you are interested. Dont think they are 13 weeks yet though.

could you? I'd love either a ginger or black one :)

Sorry for delay... but they think the kittens died :(
    Best of luck finding one

Advertisement