Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galvanised Steel H Posts??

Options
  • 23-04-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm going to put up some fencing in the garden and was going to use the concrete H post and base panel but I heard somebody mention that you can get Galvanised Steel H posts? Anybody know where you can get these and what kind of price would the be for an 8ft or 9ft one?

I was thinking of getting my fence panels in O'Kellys Sawmills in Killekee, Rathfarnham - they're €32 for overlap 6 x 6 panels.

Appreciate any advice.
    Ta very much ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chippytom

The galvanised posts are probably the same ones as used in palisade security fencing. No idea of cost but I'd say they are around the same price as the concrete equivilant. I would say that you would be more suited to concrete posts as the Steel H posts are roughly 3 inches between front and back so when you slot in the panels they would rattle unless you packed it out with 2x1 or similar.

Also I'd shop around for the fencing panel as I bought a 6x6 ship lap panel for 20 euro in Dublin Providers in Dundalk last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

Im with chippy one this one go for the pre cast-concrete they are easier to maintain if yoy paint them and no packing required if you get the right panels

Advertisement