Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do non-native English speakers think of English?

Options
  • 23-04-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I'm just curious about this.
    English is around us to some degree in almost all countries.
    But there are so many accents & dialects, so which ones do you prefer? What language would you prefer to use as a second instead of English.

All thoughts welcome:)

(hope I don't have any misspellings, in a rush at the moment & I'd look quite silly if I do!!:o)

EDIT: Why didn't I put this in the English forum!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 morphem

Efficient knowledge of English is common in many countries. If you want your career to continue, you have to know at least one foreign language. For many the choice is quite obvious.

At some point of their education they are obligated to choose one of the dominant accent. Mostly they have to decide between American and British.
    This is the general shape of this process which is very influential because those new members of the language society naturally change the language. Sometimes they transfered their own prepositioning system, etc. Language is alive and native and non-native are improving it as well as destroying in some cases.

Advertisement