Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected Wifi but no internet?

Options
  • 23-04-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have a new work laptop, ive connected the wifi in my house and wntered the correct security keys, the windows wirelss manager is showing as connected and so is the dell manager that is on my machine. I have an IP address and I can use cmd to ping google and get a response. But I cannot access the internet using any browser. What am I missing? windows firewall is off, not too sure about my work firewall. I can connect through the laptop to the router using a wire and it works. Any one any ideas????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cptlongnostrils

Yes. dont be grumpy. you did everythng perfect. you just missed that your network admins at work had configured your connection with dns addresses. Or if they haven't then you should with your networks( isps) then. Ask them how.

Advertisement