Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avon

• 23-04-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I have an Avon catalogue here :D anything you'd recommend buying?
    I haven't tried their stuff yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

id get brozing pearls, superfull mascara, and in a blink shadow & liner. the 3 step clear skin .and mirror shine spray :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

On eBay ages ago I got a black avon eyeliner and it's the best eyeliner I've ever used (even though I rarely wear eyeliner lol....)

This is the eyeliner (although it isn't shimmery/glittery), it stays on for ages and doesn't smudge.

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/eyes/eyeliner/avon-glimmerstick-eye-liner.html

I don't know if it is in the Avon catalogue though, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Spectra Lash Mascara is great!! I bought a smash box mascara recently because I had make up done there and had to buy 2 products, I've switched back to Avon one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Definetly try their eyeliners, They are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

How does Avon work? can you buy their products in the shops or does the rep have to come to your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Thanks for the replies. What are their foundations like? Would be looking for something light, I wear a tinted mosturiser at the moment so would like something a bit heavier without being too heavy, for dry skin.
    Does anyone recommend those sea minerals powder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My sister works for Avon, I found that the skin so soft range is amazing!!! Every few weeks they have five products for 7.50 and it is a really good offer so make sure to try it out.

Also I always buy the perfume Little Black Dress it's one of my favorites and not that exspensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

The skin so soft moisturiser is supposed to be great at keeping insects/mosquitos at bay. I was given this advice after being bitten alive using deet last year. Just invested in some of it for this year's holiday. I'll keep you posted. Now this piece of info is not verified, but I've been told the UK soldiers wear it abroad as it's such a good insect repellent. And it makes your skin so soft too...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

amz5 wrote: »
    The skin so soft moisturiser is supposed to be great at keeping insects/mosquitos at bay. I was given this advice after being bitten alive using deet last year. Just invested in some of it for this year's holiday. I'll keep you posted. Now this piece of info is not verified, but I've been told the UK soldiers wear it abroad as it's such a good insect repellent. And it makes your skin so soft too...:)

I've used it for its insect repelling properties and it was better than anything designed for the job!

And its okay as a lotion too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Just came across this page! Got an Avon catalogue today and there are loads of things I want to order! Just wondering if anyone could recommend a cleaner/face wash, day cream, night cream and eye cream. I am in my mid 20s, and there are so many to choose from I am really not sure which to go for! Anyone tried any and find them good? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I don't usually buy my foundation from avon because they're very light(not a lot of coverage etc) but if that's what you're looking for then they'd be great!
    I got the mineral powder once(i have dry skin aswell) and it just made it even worse.
    The eyeliners,mascaras and eyeshadows are brill though,and the eye make up remover cream is amazing!!

For mosturisers I always get emm,I can't actually remember the name:pac:
    But it comes in a light blue jar with an orange stripe on it I think?
    I would swear by it!!Runnin a bit low myself atm:eek:

Advertisement